*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745618-Another-memory
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#745618 added January 26, 2012 at 6:24pm
Restrictions: None
Another memory....
The crows are cawing outside my window and the sparrows are feasting. It is a beautiful day, 59 degrees already. I am becoming suspicious of this weather. It is too nice. The tulip tree across the street is in full bloom and heading toward leafing out, strange for January 26th.

To the right of my computer I have a tv cabinet with a glassed-in shelf area on the end nearest me. I suppose it is for other things, but I have little knickknacks, doodads, mementos, whatever you want to call them, inside on the shelves.

A tiny doll, made from a clothespin, is catching my eye just now. She has on an old-fashioned long dress, a tiny felt handbag hangs from her left (pipecleaner) arm, and a cute hat is attached to her right "hand". Narrow lace trims her hem and her collar, and another hat adorns her blonde curls. Colored pens enliven her blue eyes, button nose, and sensuous red lips.

Clothespin Doll


She found me at The Christmas House in Brooksville, Florida, back in the 1980's. I have a story in my port about walking with someone named Aunt Fanny, and I am reminded of her everytime I look at the little doll. We, and several other ladies, journied by Nazerene Church bus to Brooksville on a shopping trip. I was most likely the "baby" of the group back then, and many of the riders have passed away, Fanny included. She was the nicest person I have ever encountered in my 67 years, always the same, never ever deviating from how I came to expect her to be. If there ever was a person who would give you the shirt off their back, Fanny was that person.

We had a wonderful day, ate lunch at a little place called the Blueberry Inn (I still have a postcard with a picture of it), we roamed the Brooksville Flea Market, and I was awed at all the decorations at The Christmas House. I miss you, Fanny, and think of you often....

until next time.....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745618-Another-memory