*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746710-Chitter-chatter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#746710 added February 9, 2012 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
Chitter chatter....
Just got back from the grocery store and came to sit at the computer a few minutes to rest up after putting things away. Writing is very restful to me.

There is a family of chicadees nesting in a shrub outside my computer window. They talk to each other in Morse Code, at least that's what it sounds like. Dit dit dit dash. I have the window up, and Mopsy (my kitty) sits with her nose to the screen in a trance. When they fly, she crouches down as if they are going to fly over her head. She's done this thousands of times. Of course, they do not fly over her head, she's inside the screen. Wonder what Pavlov would have to say about that? Maybe I don't want to hear it *Smile*.

I noticed the dogwoods throughout my development are starting to bloom, and there were lovely pots of tulips, daffodils, and even orchids at the grocery. I was tempted but tulips and daffodils will not grow here in Florida. Beautiful to look at though. And I have tried and failed many times with orchids. I am very satisfied to grow what grows here. All the azealeas will be in bloom soon along with the redbuds and pear and peach trees. Strawberries will be ripe here next month. They are ripe now in Plant City, a little farther south. They last here until Mother's Day, then come watermelons. We have a watermelon festival about two miles from us where you can eat all you can hold for free.

There is a little nip in the air today and a faint smell of smoke. Reminds me of that terrible accident a couple of weeks ago on the interstate through Payne's Prairie. Early morning fog and smoke, a multi-car and truck pile up, eleven deaths, I believe...awful, only a few miles south of here. But I do enjoy smelling woodsmoke when it's chilly. It just gives me a good feeling inside for some reason. Some of the fires here are controlled burns and some are not. The local news will tell me this evening.

For supper I'm planning a romaine salad with apple, sliced chicken, a little trail mix, crumbled blue cheese, and pomegranate dressing with a small bowl of pasta fazool. My mouth is watering...I must be hungry *Smile*

until next time....c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746710-Chitter-chatter