*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751851-The-most-important-experiences-in-my-life--Middle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#751851 added April 27, 2012 at 10:16pm
Restrictions: None
The most important experiences in my life ~ Middle
April 27, 2012, Friday, Day 27 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "Describe a life experience so important to you it deserves to be told over multiple entries." FRIDAY APRIL 27 --- No. 2 - Middle.


I have a purpose in life. I am not sure what that purpose is, but I know I have a purpose because if I did not have a purpose, I would have been dead long ago. I say this because of two incidents in my growing up years. One incident occurred when I was a child and living in Blackwell, Oklahoma and the other when I was in high school and living in Shawnee, Oklahoma.

The first incident concerned a game of hide and seek and an empty refrigerator. We were visiting my cousins, who lived on a farm not vary far from Blackwell. My parents and grandparents took us to my cousin’s farm for a visit. The adult were inside playing cars and the children outside playing games.

We were playing hide and seek and Charlotte, my cousin, was it. I wanted to win this game because I had never won a game of hide and seek. I saw the empty refrigerator on the porch. It looked like a good place to hide, so went on the porch, opened the refrigerator, and got in. As soon as I go in the door closed, but I wasn’t worried. The next thing I remember was seeing Grandpa standing in there looking into the refrigerator. He pulled me out, but he did not tell Mom. He did tell my cousin’s father because the next time we went to visit the door was off the refrigerator.

The next incident happened when I was in high school in Shawnee, Oklahoma. The day the incident happened, I wore a peasant blouse and skirt type outfit to school. I looked nice in that outfit, even if I do say so myself. Anyway, I was walking home after school. I was walking by myself and the traffic was extremely light, so it must have been a weekday.

I don’t know why I was walking home that late in the afternoon because normally I took a bus. I was walking in the same direction as the traffic on a four-lane highway. As I said, traffic was light and no cars had passed me in the last five or ten minutes. I saw a car approaching on the other side of the highway. It made a u-turn and parked on the shoulder near where I planned to cross the highway.

There were four men in the car. They looked like college guys. Something urged me to turn and cross the highway a block from where I planned. I turned, looked both directions and saw no other cars approaching. As I crossed the highway, I noticed them driving away. Anyway, I walked down the residential street and turn at the next corner to go home. To this day, I believe that if I had continued down the highway I would never have made it home.

Those are the two major experiences that make me think I have a purpose in life. Whatever that purpose is I have not fulfilled it yet because I am still alive.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751851-The-most-important-experiences-in-my-life--Middle