*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757202-Ageless-beauty
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1827046
The place to be for positive reinforcements!
#757202 added July 25, 2012 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
Ageless beauty?
Hello my sunny pals,

Are you good at guessing ages? I am not! I can never get the right age. I might be close but never right. I suppose in many ways that is a good thing. Unless I over-age someone.

Yesterday I had someone guess my age and I couldn't stop laughing. It's one thing to be off by a couple years but when she marked me ten years younger...I couldn't stop laughing!

She was serious and very shocked that I was as "old" as I claimed to be. Funny thing is that this is coming from a young teenager that wants to be older.

It opened the door to a great conversation about age looks, and wanting to be something that you are not. You can fool people all you want but you can never fool yourself.

I look in the mirror and I see every year on my face. I know exactly who I am and how I got here. Sometimes I do get surprised that more wrinkles haven't shown up but I know they are coming. I am okay with aging. TO me age and wrinkles mean wisdom and beauty.

I find it so funny that we measure beauty by youth. I get that we are that kind of society but I am Italian. I live in my mind a place of ageless beauty. Of classic wrinkles that mean life was well lived.

Love,
Michelle

© Copyright 2012 ShellySunshine (UN: michelleklear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShellySunshine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/757202-Ageless-beauty