*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769393-What-does-Christmas-mean-to-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#769393 added December 24, 2012 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
What does Christmas mean to me?
December 24 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum "What does Christmas mean to you?"


The meaning of Christmas has changed over the decades. When I was a child, we went to church and learned that it was the celebration of Christ's birth. I also learned that it was when we received gifts from Santa Clause, but at that time I never connected the gifts from Santa Clause and God's gift of Christ.

I no longer celebrate Christmas, the gift giving time I celebrate are between February 26 and March 1. However, I now realize that the gifts received whether they are at Christmas or during Ayyam-i-Ha (February 26 to March 1) are symbols of the gifts we received from God. Sometimes we forget that everything we receive is from God and, therefore, we should give thanks for both the gifts and the tests that come into our lives everyday of the year.

What does Christmas mean to me?


The meaning of Christmas is to remember and give thanks for the gifts from God. The meaning of Christmas is to remember and give thanks for the tests we receive from God that strength our faith in the Creator.



© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769393-What-does-Christmas-mean-to-me