*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771013-Chapter-20
Important!
*Trash* This item is in your Recycling Bin

Purging this item will permanently remove it from Writing.Com.

Change your mind?  Undelete this item.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1912061
Jennifer comes home to Georgia, divorced. The last thing she expects is loving again.
#771013 added January 9, 2013 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 20
“Mom, do you know where you're going?”

Jennifer turned in her saddle, loving the sound of the leather creaking. “Yes, I do.”

Jordan laughed. “She's taking you to our secret spot.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow and looked at them sceptically. “Secret spot? Did y'all build a tree fort out here or something?”

“No. This place was made by nature. You'll love it. I promise.”

No one spoke again as they made their way through the creek and to the ledge. As

Jennifer led the horses to the trail, Chloe screamed.

“Momma, stop!”

Jordan reached over and patted her hand. “Don't worry. She knows where she's going. Just hang on to your horse and don't try to lead her. She'll make it down just fine.”

Jennifer glanced back and saw her daughter's face pale. She wondered if she should have waited until Chloe was more comfortable in a saddle before coming here. “We can turn back if you want, Chloe.”

She took a deep breath and shook her head. “No. I'm fine. Let's go.”

Jennifer's horse veered onto the path descending downwards. She let go of the reins and held on to the saddle horn. She heard hoofs behind her and knew Brandon followed close by. Halfway down the steep hill, she looked back. Chloe followed Brandon, her back ramrod straight and her eyes darting to the drop off. Jordan stayed close to her, but not enough to spook her horse. She smiled. She had no doubt if something went wrong, Jordan would risk his life to safe Chloe.

When the horse stepped to the bottom of the trail, she urged him towards the edge of the water and dismounted. She held on to the saddle until her legs felt steady. Chloe jumped to the ground and wobbled over to her.

“That was intense.”

Jennifer nodded. “But well worth it. Check it out.”

Chloe turned towards the water and squealed. “Oh my God. A waterfall? That is so cool.”

Jordan came over and put his arm around Jennifer. He kissed her neck as he watched
Chloe dip a foot into the cool water. Brandon walked over to her side and knelt down so he could cup a handful and wipe his face.

“How about a swim kiddos?”

Chloe whirled towards Jordan. “Can we really?”

He laughed. The sound made something inside Jennifer twist. She would never get tired of hearing it; or just looking at him.

“Sure. Jump in.”

He looked back at Jennifer. “How about it? Wanna take a dip?”

Jennifer's mouth twisted. “I don't know. I still have on that bathing suit you complained
about.”

His hand tightened on her ribs and he groaned. “I hope that water's cold. I'm going to need it.”

She stepped away and put her hands on the hem of her tank top. Keeping eye contact with Jordan, she peeled it away. She loved the way his eyes darkened as they roamed over her almost naked flesh. After kicking off her flip flops, she unbuttoned her shorts and shook her hips. The denim slid down her legs and pooled at her feet. Jordan cussed and grabbed the fly of his pants. She winked.

“I think you may need to swim with your pants on.”

“Yeah. Definitely don't want the kids to see this.”

He came close and put a hand on her neck. He gave a gentle tug on her ponytail and the strands fell around her face.

“God, I can't believe how easy it is for you to turn me on.”

Jennifer tried to laugh. “I'm sure it's no different than with other women.”

He licked the shell of her ear. “Actually it is. I never would have gotten hard just from seeing them in a bathing suit. I need to take a picture so I'll have something to use when I'm not with you.”

Jennifer frowned as she tried to figure out what he meant. When it came to her, she gasped. “You wouldn't do that, would you?”

She wouldn't admit it but the thought of him masturbating to her image turned her on. She'd never thought of herself as that kind of girl. Pretty, sure but not spank-me material.

“Don't say you don't like hearing that.”

She shrugged. “It does boost my ego a bit.”

“Lady by the time I'm done with you, you'll need a whole house to contain it.”

Jennifer slapped him lightly on the chest. “You are horrible.”

“I'm in love.”

“Wh-what?”

He stared into her eyes. “I love you.”

Jennifer felt her lashes flutter a mile a minute. She knew she had to look weird but Jordan's
confession caught her off guard. They'd only been reunited less than a week. That's too soon to fall in love...isn't it? She shook her head. It seems like so much longer. And you feel the same way.

Jordan put his hand under her chin and made her look into his eyes. The love radiating from his bright blue eyes took her breath away.

“I know it's soon and I don't expect you to say it back, yet. But I had to get it off my chest. I hope someday soon, you'll feel the same way.”

Jennifer smiled. She dipped her head so she could study the ground. It felt amazing to love again; to be loved. The feeling that blossomed throughout her body felt so different than anything she'd ever experienced with Rick. That wasn't love.

“Do you mean it?”

Jennifer looked up. She nodded. “With all my heart.”

Jordan threw his head back and laughed.

“What's going on over there?”

Jennifer gasped. She had forgotten they had witnesses. Jordan took her hand and led her to the water's edge. He released the hold long enough to remove his shirt before grabbing her fingers again.

“Do you want to tell her or keep it a secret? I'll understand if you're not ready.”

Jennifer lifted his hand to her mouth and pressed a kiss to the back. “It's fine. I'm sure she already suspects it anyways.”

He winked as he pulled her into the water. They swam to where Chloe and Brandon tread water. Chloe watched them, her eyebrow raised.

“Your mother and I love each other. Do you have a problem with that?”

Chloe looked from one adult to the other. The silence drew out. Jennifer felt her stomach tighten in anxiety. She wasn't sure what she'd do if Chloe had a problem with the new development of her and Jordan's relationship.

“Surprisingly, I don't. It's been a long time since I've seen my mom smile this much. I guess I was too stubborn to realize how unhappy she's been. I have caused her enough problems. I won't stand in the way of your relationship. But if you hurt her, I'll make you regret it.”

Jordan saluted her before turning to Jennifer and giving her a quick kiss. “Everything's going to be great from this point on.”

Jennifer sighed as she leaned her head against his shoulder. She hoped he was right. She glanced at her daughter and smiled. Brandon was staring at her, a look of adoration on his face. She flushed red just as he leaned towards her and brushed a quick kiss to Chloe's parted lips. It was a chaste, innocent kiss, no doubt her daughter's first. Jennifer felt a tug at her heart. She was growing up so fast. Faster than she was ready for. Chloe's eyes went wide as she darted a glance at Jennifer.

Jennifer read the worry in the blue depths. She winked. Chloe sighed and smiled back before turning her attention back to Brandon.

“Did he just kiss her?”

Jennifer had to laugh at Jordan's fierce whisper. His breath brushed against her ear, causing her body to tingle in response.

“Yep.”

His hands tightened around her. “I'm going to kill him.”

Jennifer held him to her. “No, you're not. It wasn't a big deal. Calm down.”

“She's too young.”

She shook her head. “They aren't making out sweetie. Just a quick brushing of the lips. I think we should let her have that. She's being pretty good about the speed of our relationship. And she knows we're having sex and she's okay with that too.”

“She knows about sex? Oh God. I'm locking her in her room until she's forty.”

Jennifer laughed. She felt water splash over them.

“I heard that. And I ain't going for it Mr. Police Chief. Just because you two like sweating on each other like a couple of pigs doesn't mean I do. I'm going to college. I'll be danged if I get knocked up.”

Jordan shook his head and pushed Jennifer away. He stalked towards Chloe. Brandon held his hands up in surrender and backed away. Chloe shot him a panicked look.

“Thanks for offering to protect me.”

He shrugged. “Sorry. I'll take on anyone; expect your step-dad.”

She rolled her eyes. “He's not that tough.”

Jordan reached Chloe and grabbed her arm. He pulled her to him and stared down at her.

“Have I ever told you I think you are the smartest person in the world?”

Chloe cocked her head to the side and gave him an impish smile. “Thanks. I think I'm going to like having you around.”

Jennifer watched Jordan arch an eyebrow. “Why?”

Chloe threw her arms around his neck. “Because, you'll be so easy to twist around my finger.”

Jordan grinned before falling back. Chloe squealed as they both went under water. Jennifer shook her head. Their quick bond amused her, as much as it soothed the worry from her mind. Jordan was right. Things would be fine.
© Copyright 2013 happy mommy (UN: yungmomx3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
happy mommy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771013-Chapter-20