*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773517-Surprise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#773517 added February 1, 2013 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Surprise...
Oh! We have a frost this morning! From 83 degrees on Wednesday to frost on Friday. I (and my azaleas) are not prepared for this.

If you have noticed the new image on my port page, that is what I see when I look out my window while sitting here at the computer. Not the squirrel all the time, just that once when I got him with my phone camera! Usually I see scores of birds flitting on and off the feeder. When I have the window open, there is a symphony of birdsong and the trickle and splash of water from the birdbath just beneath the window. Since I draw sometimes instead of computering, I have a drawing board in front of the window. Mopsy, my kitty, likes to crouch on it dreaming and wishing and snorting sometimes. The birds are used to her and pay no attention. They, along with a little lizard, sit on the porch railing and taunt her, poor kitty. The window faces north, and I like to watch the shadow line from the sun creep towards me across the porch.

I logged on to a new review this morning from someone who had nothing in her (I am assuming this) port so I said I would reciprocate when she was ready. Now I have just received an email, and she has written a poem "Snow Melts. I read it quickly and it sounds lovely...thought you might like to read, too.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/773517-Surprise