*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783163-Cracked
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#783163 added May 21, 2013 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Cracked...
My birdbath outside my computer window has cracked. Why? I don't know. The water runs out almost as fast as I can put it in. I found a low flower pot, put some stones in the bottom to make it less deep, and filled it with water, but so far nary a bird in sight. I think they have to get used to it. I miss the chatter. I keep my window open during the day to enjoy the perfect temps we are having. These will not last long, and I will be closed up in the air conditioning within days I am certain. After all, it's almost June in Florida. Open windows are a real treat for May.

My neighbor, Jennifer, who is renting, tells me the owners plan to move back in at the end of her lease in July. Not that they are bad or anything, but I have developed a very good rapport with her and her mom and cousin. Secretly, I hope the owners, my former neighbors, change their mind. Jennifer guesses she will move farther south to be closer to her mom, and smiles when she talks of finding a house with a pool for her doggies. That is one of her attributes . . . making lemonade out of lemons. I will be so sad if she has to move.

I am on the last few pages of proofing my Scottish war bride transcription, shall send it off to Ann today. She says she already has another waiting for me. They are in dire need of volunteers now that school (UF) is letting out for the summer. Lucky for me.

I opted not to go to the play Sunday, maybe next weekend. The weather was just too nice to spend two and a half hours inside in the middle of the afternoon. I got some much needed trimming done and cleaned the backporch floor of the yellow pine pollen that had built up. The only answer is mopping or hosing. I chose mopping. I need the exercise *Smile*.

Such a sad time for the people in the storm area in Oklahoma. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are of them.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/783163-Cracked