*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784000-What-the-heck-is-that
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#784000 added June 1, 2013 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
What the heck is that?
I've been getting some annoying headaches lately, unusual for me since I hardly ever get one, but I didn't think much about it. Then this morning as I sat here doing my normal thing with wdc, I realized my neck and right shoulder were hurting so I placed my hand on the spot and, yikes, there is this lump between my neck and shoulder. First to the mirror, yep, it's a lump all right and tender to the touch, then to Google, my old standby for everything.

Well, it's the upper trapezius muscle which apparently I have strained from too much typing at the computer. Did I mention that yesterday I finished my most recent transcript for the Sam Proctor Oral History Program? I guess I should have paced myself more and stretched more with breaks. Oh, but it was so interesting.

So now I have this nagging neck and shoulder pain. I have looked up some exercises and am trying to work it out. Different sites say the tension from sitting in one position too long decreases oxygen to that particular spot and the muscle is screaming for it, oxygen, that is. Yep, that sounds right.

And then I was thinking about that new blade I put on my edger a few days ago and how I had a heck of a time getting the old one off. Bet that didn't help any either. Damn, it's crappy getting old!

My neck is saying, "Stop, now!" So...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784000-What-the-heck-is-that