*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787607-Fodder-for-stories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#787607 added July 27, 2013 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
Fodder for stories...
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday morning. I should be out there working in the yard, but it's hot.

I'm continuing to work on my "Uncle Nick story for the August 1st memoir meeting. I've added and deleted and corrected a lot so far (in Word) and will re-post when I am ready to print. I had hoped to get some feedback for improvement from someone here, but no luck yet. To begin the story I made a wheel with bunches of spokes (things I remembered about Uncle Nick). This really helps me later on as I write because I seem to forget things so quickly. I don't think it's age. I was always that way. *Sad* I have always been one to write things down. After that, why do you need to remember them? I dug out lots of old pictures (even made a few sketches of Uncle Nick for more visualization) and found a couple of news stories about him in my old hometown newspaper (yellowed with age and ready to split in the folds). My Aunt Sadie saved stories and stuffed them into a photo album. It is amazing what you can find when you look *Smile*.

I received sad news yesterday on our memoir meeting from Penny. We will be getting together at the library, not the Friends Meetinghouse. She said she would explain when we are together. I was looking forward to the new surroundings. Maybe it has just been delayed.

There is a breeze coming in the open window to my left. If I close my eyes and concentrate, I can smell the salt air. Oh to be sixteen and at Rehoboth Beach again!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787607-Fodder-for-stories