*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791423-Staying-high-and-dry-in-flooded-Colorado
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#791423 added September 14, 2013 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Staying high and dry in flooded Colorado
         It's been an interesting week here in the Denver area.  Monday was pretty hot, in the mid-90's.  But Monday afternoon, the rain started, and it really poured for a while.  But as you probably know by now, that was only the start.  The rain continued through Tuesday and Wednesday without letup, and part of Thursday.  It was never a torrential downpour again, but it was a nice, steady rain.  Then, the flooding started.  Roads were washed out, bridges flowed over, and sadly, people either killed, missing, or displaced from their homes.  My hotel is about 10 miles from the training site, making for a 15-20 minute drive to work each morning.  But Thursday I-76 was closed south of where I worked at, but it affected traffic quite a bit, as you might imagine.  It took me over an hour to get there, most of that being that last 2 miles.  But I've been safe and sound, I just wish everyone could have been.  I fly home this morning, and will have a month in the Chicago area for the first time this year before going to Port Arthur Texas in mid-October.  Til then, stay safe, warm/cool, and happy.


Review Sig for use


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791423-Staying-high-and-dry-in-flooded-Colorado