*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799778-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#799778 added December 9, 2013 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Six Years and Still an “Amateur.”
I wish I could get a copy of the agreement we signed with Iran to relax the economic sanctions. A former US Ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, does not think it gained us anything. The reason for his view is because it does nothing to slow Iran’s development of a nuclear weapon. Bolton claims that Iran made virtually no concession to halt or scale back efforts to acquire a nuclear weapon capability.

President Obama stated that, “he hopes” (There’s that word again) the agreement will work but added that the chances were only about 50/50. How could any Chief Executive sign off on something with such a prognosis?

In Iran, their top religious leader said words to the effect, “…we will keep the centrifuges spinning but we must also keep spinning the lives of our people…” He concedes a rising dissent resulting from the nuclear weapon's policy and the sanctions.

Netanyahu says it was a bad deal for the State of Israel, and reiterated that Israel will do what it must to protect the lives of its citizens.

Again I don’t think that anybody involved in the negotiating had an end game strategy in mind. It appears that the President wanted a deal, ANY KIND OF DEAL, to take the spotlight off… the Unaffordable Healthcare Act. He must have reasoned that if he’s seen as a sage world leader, Americans will be distracted from the long string of gaffs and failures that have labeled him “The Amateur.” This agreement is just another in a long string of classic examples. Just when the sanctions were starting to work and the leaders in Iran were beginning to worry about internal dissension, off comes the heat. So what happens now?

The sanctions were a form of economic siege. It has taken several years for the pressure to build. To buy time for their nuclear weapons program Iran has played the West like a bunch of fools. It isn’t like this is the first “Negotiated Agreement” we have reached on the issue. There have been others, almost too numerous to count and in every case Iran has worked behind the scenes to continue full speed ahead, developing a nuclear weapon while claiming their program was an entirely peaceful one.

Every time they negotiate they buy more time and get a little closer to their dream of possessing a Nuclear Scimitar. Is there anyone besides the President who believes Iran's goal is a peaceful reactor? So what happens next?

That is easy enough to forecast. Like a walled city with the siege lifted, the Iranians will replenish their lauder so when we conclude in another six months (for the umpteenth time) that we have been hoodwinked once more (DRAT!) they will have laid away enough for another two years. What is the projection on how long before Iran reaches its goal? Was there anything in the agreement that required them to cease and desist in their efforts to build an Atom Bomb? DUH! All we got from our Chief Executive was an ambiguous statement... “We have to give negotiations a chance…” and then praise for a deal that got us nothing in return. Now just how “Amateurish” is that?

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799778-