*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800596-Off-We-Go-Into-The-Wild-Blue-Yonder
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#800596 added December 20, 2013 at 8:08am
Restrictions: None
Off We Go, Into The Wild Blue Yonder....
         This week I'm in Colorado Springs delivering a class to the Air Force Academy.  The odd thing is, I had one student, named Will Smith.  Yep, that's right, I was teaching a class to Will Smith this week.  He looks a little heavier in person that he does in the movies, must be the camera or something.  Wish I had a camera like that, I'd take a ton of pictures of me!

         But it's been a good week.  Could not believe I left Chicago at 3 degrees or so, and landed here in Colorado, the land of mountains and snow, and it was 61 degrees!  I didn't have to wear a coat all week, which is always nice in December.  *Smile*  The Air Force Academy is upgrading their radio system, but still using the old one.  On Tuesday afternoon, Will was called to his site because it was down, called me to tell me about it.  I joined him and we quickly saw the problem.  I knew what the problem was, but wasn't sure what was causing it.  I don't teach the course dealing with part of his system, but I still knew what was wrong.  The problem was, little to no documentation, and a faulty power supply that wasn't part of the problem, but seemed to be.  What I mean is, we had indications of a bad power supply, and that could have contributed to the problem, but that was normal for that piece of equipment.  In the end, we rebooted the devicve (Imagine that), and everything was fine.

         I had an interesting lunch today too, not because of what I ate, but because of the restaurant I was at.  It's called 'The Airplane Restaurant', part of it is a building, but connected to the building is an old KC-97 Tanker!  You could either eat in the terminal (building next to the plane), or in the plane itself.  So of course I had lunch in the plane.  While waiting on my food, I toured the cockpit and took a few pictures.  Very interesting, and definitely an 'out of the norm' place to eat.

         Well, this is my last trip for 2013.  Can't imagine why, since there's still two more weeks left this year.  I've traveled 26 weeks this year, delivering 27 classes.  Been to quite a few places I love, and them some.  This year included trips to El Paso, San Diego, Toronto, Seattle, Texas (2 or 3 times), Florida, North Carolina, Spokane, Great Falls Montana, and others I can't remember.  In going to these places, I met many wonderful people, but the best part was meeting a couple of my WDC friends this year!.  I wonder what 2014 will bring, besides Juneau Alaska, Nova Scotia, Alabama, Washington DC, and Kansas, which are currently on my schedule.  Til next time, y'all remain warm, and have a very Merry Christmas!

© Copyright 2013 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800596-Off-We-Go-Into-The-Wild-Blue-Yonder