*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804219-Canada-for-the-Fifth-time
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#804219 added January 22, 2014 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
Canada, for the Fifth time
         Well, what can one do to top getting to their fiftieth state?  Why, go the following week to Nova Scotia of course!  Getting there was the biggest challenge if you ask me, especially since it was a five hour time shift.  Once I was there though, all went well.  Initially I was at a Hilton Garden Inn near the airport, but there was nothing nearby at all, no restaurants, no city, just a rural area.  That's not bad of course, but when you're in a strange area, and a somewhat foreign country, it can make for a tough week.  I ended up changing hotels to a 4 Points Sheraton in downtown Halifax, and that was perfect.  On Monday night I had dinner at the Red Stag Tavern; they sell the Alexander Keith beers, the oldest tavern in Nova Scotia if I'm not mistaken.  I decided to have soup and salad, a good choice too!  I had Lobster Chowder and a Caeser salad.  It was impossible to put your spoon into the chowder and not find lobster in it!  I was in heaven for a bit, and loved every bite.

         The week was pretty interesting too.  I'd arranged to have 6 sets of equipment shipped for the class, but ended up only getting three.  This could have put a bit of a kink in the class hands on exercises, but we worked around it.  It didn't help that I ordered twice as many manuals as needed, was confused about what I had on hand, and for a while, thought I was losing my mind.  *Frown*  Fortunately, everything came together and the class went well.  I finally arrived home about midnight Friday night, and spent most of Saturday resting, sleeping about 13 hours Saturday night all total!

         Next up is Washington DC, where I'll teach a radio programming class to the Office Of Unified Communications.  See you then, and I'll try to say hi to Maryann !

Jim

© Copyright 2014 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804219-Canada-for-the-Fifth-time