*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806887-That-has-been-my-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#806887 added February 12, 2014 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
That has been my Day
This morning I went to breakfast with my flying club friends. We sat around and chewed the fat and enjoyed listening to what each other had to say. It you don't have this sort of outlet once a week you might consider joining a group that shares some of your special interests.

One of my friends, Ron, slept in and missed breakfast. I had an airplane he was supposed to pick up so I dropped by his house. I got to see his shop which I had wanted to check out for a long time. It was a rather small workspace but ample and well organized. My shop is larger but pretty disorganized. Anyway we talked for about an hour and I had to head home.

On the way I stopped at the grocery store and bought some items that Linda had told me to pick up.

Then it was back to chopping wood. This afternoon the temperature climbed into the high twenties. That is a veritable heatwave for this winter. It was nice to feel the sun warming the back of my red plaid work coat. It felt a little like a heated seat in one of the newer cars being marketed. I know, I know, many of my readers might think such a seat is an unneeded extravagance, but here in Wisconsin they sure feel good on a cold winter day.

Linda is telling me that supper will be ready in 5 minutes. I don't want to miss that because she is a good cook. Tonight we are having tilapia. It is Gorton's, Simply Bake. For a quick meal it is delicious.

When I finish I have to go to Weyauwega. We are having a meeting of another one of the flying clubs I belong. It's going to be a long drive. So that has been my day.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806887-That-has-been-my-Day