*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810046-Juneau-Second-Time-Around
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#810046 added March 14, 2014 at 3:06am
Restrictions: None
Juneau, Second Time Around
         This week finds me in Juneau Alaska once again.  And just like my January visit, the customer is the US Coast Guard.  In January it rained every day I was here, with one brief flash of blue sky on Wednesday or Thursday.  Any bets on the weather being the same this week?  Yep, you got it, rain all week, with one flash of blue sky today.  I mentioned this to my server at breakfast on Tuesday, and she said I was a week late, since it was sunny and clear all last week.  I guess the weather follows me.  Another thing about this week too.  In January I was at work at 8 am, and it was still dark out, no sign of the sun.  But then, it was the beginning of winter, just past the solstice, so I expected that.  Now, two months later, you'd expect there to be more sunlight in the mornings huh.  Except what happened last week?  Why we started Daylight Saving Time of course!  So all the daylight I would have gained by the season advancing was negated by moving the clocks ahead an hour.

         Today, a student from the last class came in on a break and asked if I had my camera handy.  Of course I did!  Apparently he had seen a pod of Orca's on Gastineau Sound, and thought I might get a shot of them.  But of course, I didn't have my telephoto lens with me, and by time we got outside, they had disappeared.  I did see them as I was leaving today, but they disappeared from view before I could snap a shot.  Wouldn't have been a very good shot most likely, they were a bit far away for the lens I had on the camera.  It was nice to see local's out at the beach though, taking pics of the Orca's also.

         Work (travel at least) is really busy this year.  Next week I will be in Nova Scotia again, and Tennessee the following week.  After a week home, I will go to Seattle, with Fort Wayne Indiana the week after, then Jefferson City Missouri the third week.  After two weeks home in Chicago, I go back to Seattle, then Nelson County Virginia.  Right now, June is quiet on the travel front, but I'm sure I'll be delivering classes in Schaumburg.  The bright spot on the horizon is July, with a return trip to Maui looming.  *Bigsmile*

         Til next time, y'all be safe, stay warm, don't slide on ice too much, and think about the fact that spring is around the corner!  *Smile*

Jim

© Copyright 2014 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810046-Juneau-Second-Time-Around