*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830686-SERIOUSLY-Conversation-Fear
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#830686 added October 10, 2014 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
SERIOUSLY?, Conversation Fear?
          SERIOUSLY!?

Often people tell me they can't take me seriously.  I find that insulting.  I'm always serious!  When I'm facetious or sarcastic I'm serious.  Irony is often the ultimate in seriousness.  I see a fine line between seriousness and absurdity.  Sometimes I find it absurd to take some of the things seriously that other people think are important - I wonder if they worry about the things they take seriously or if they think they are supposed to take things seriously just because they are worrying about them.  Anxiety can make serious mountains out of insignificant ant hills, unless they are fire ants, then they are already serious - I just hate those little buggers.
Anyway, I think it is ABSURD not to take EVERYTHING seriously; just because you don't think it's important doesn't mean it isn't serious, and just because you don't THINK I'm taking it seriously doesn't mean I don't think it is important.  Yes definitions make all the difference, and we never know how someone else is defining something - maybe the major cause of misunderstandings, all the way from personal to international.  I will leave you with a question:  Is it more absurd to take insignificant things seriously or to just seriously consider absurdity to be the prime, natural, motivating force?  *Laugh*  *Wink*



      Strange Convos

When I start a conversation I ALWAYS refuse to talk about religion and politics, whether it's a stranger or an acquaintance, unless of course I am drunk or want to start a fight intentionally; there is almost no one who initially agrees with me on these subjects, and invariably we end up fighting or one of us gets up and walks away before I manage to convince them that I'm right!  *Laugh*  I don't really remember how I start conversations.  The way I remember them they are already happening.  I much prefer conversing with women - they're much more intelligent, and their absurdity is so charming.  *Vamp*



        Shit!  What Was That!  Scared The Crap Out Of Me!

I remember when I was real young I used to be afraid of scary movies and haunted houses and some amusement park rides.  I think it it's just instinct to enjoy being terrified, at least the startling part - when it lasts too long and turns into anxiety It's not so much fun, then if it's fun it's pathological.  It's good exercise for the 'Fight or Flight" instinct.  Oh, I should mention too - some amusement park rides I was scared of because I was scared they would make me puke - that kinda scared was NOT fun!  Where was I, oh yeah, when I was about six I stopped being scared of those kinds of things.  I tried and tried but I could never bring back that fun feeling of terror.  After about 6 it turned into that pathological anxiety.  Sometimes I think when your brain gets too big for your head the knowledge that swelled it up makes all kinds of anxious thoughts and squishes out the fun instincts.  Physiological and emotional needs that are filled through the experience of fear - Hmmmmm - for consenting adults?  Well, I think my blog is rated 13+ so I wont talk about BDSM.

© Copyright 2014 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830686-SERIOUSLY-Conversation-Fear