*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849647-On-guard
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#849647 added May 16, 2015 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
On guard...
It was grass cutting day yesterday and, thankfully, I did not see anymore snakes...unless they were hiding. And I did cut earlier in the morning hoping it would be too cool for them to be out and about. Usually I enjoy cutting the grass and working in the yard, but having to be on the lookout for snakes has taken some of the joy out of it. Now, I wish I hadn't planted all that ivy ground cover. It's the perfect spot for snaky hiding, and Mopsy keeps staring at it from the porch, making me think she sees one down in the dark green leaves, lurking. Yes, I have snakes on the brain.

On another subject, I saw an arthritis doctor for the first time last Monday, and he agrees with the neurologist's diagnosis of polymyalgia. He provided me with a pamphlet from the Arthritis Association and the description of symptoms could have been written by me....exactly. It is somewhat comforting to know what it is at least. It makes me resolved to deal with it.

My book club has chosen an author to read for next month's meeting, Steve Berry. We choose the book, but it must be written by Steve Berry. I have tried to read two and have bogged down in both by around page 50, ugh. Everyone said Da Vinci Codish but uh uh, no way. I loved The Da Vinci Code. I don't think I can get through Steve Berry...sorry, Steve. Too little story, too much action. And I mean action as in "fighting". Maybe I will trudge on a little farther. The one I'm reading now is his newest, The Patriot Threat. I like the historical aspect of it, but jeez, I can't take the kicking this and crashing that all the time.

The big news is my Delaware daughter has moved back to Jacksonville, actually Mayport....and I had lunch with her for Mother's Day, first time in 7 years. It was wonderful. Now we can share holidays and birthdays in person and not by phone. Ollie, her kitty, did not care for the long ride in his carrier, but all is forgiven now that she has moved into an apartment, and he has his own patio to roam around.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849647-On-guard