*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876503-Tao-that-can-be-told-is-not-the-eternal-Tao
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#876503 added March 14, 2016 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao
You can't express Reality in words. You limit it that way. You squeeze it into nouns and verbs and adjectives, and the instant-by-instant flow is cut off. The tao that can be told isn’t the eternal Tao, because trying to tell it brings it into time. It’s stopped in time by the very attempt to name it. Once anything is named, it’s no longer eternal. “Eternal” means free, without limit, without a position in time or space, lived without obstacle.

There’s no name for what’s sitting in this chair right now. I am the experience of the eternal. Even with the thought “God,” it all stops and manifests in time, and as I create “God,” I have created “not-God.”

You can substitute anything here—with the thought “tree,” I create “tree” and “not-tree”; the mechanism is the same. Before you name anything, the world has no things in it, no meaning. There’s nothing but peace in a wordless, question-less world. It’s the space where everything is already answered, in joyful silence.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876503-Tao-that-can-be-told-is-not-the-eternal-Tao