*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885968-Clayton-County-Georgia
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#885968 added June 29, 2016 at 5:56pm
Restrictions: None
Clayton County, Georgia
Locale:  Jonesboro, Georgia

         My journey's this week took me to Jonesboro, Georgia.  The customer was Clayton County, where I delivered a class on portable radio maintenance.  I know most of you see the police officers with their radios on their belts, but I doubt many of you realize how much technology is involved in them.  The portable radios themselves are not too difficult, once you understand them.  But if I were to program them from scratch, there are over 4,000 fields I could edit in getting that done.  If you stop to think that they are just a small piece in the overall pie (so to speak), you might start to realize how large these large systems can be.

         I didn't do much this week to be honest.  Jonesboro is only 10 miles south of Atlanta, and I did not want to venture there in the afternoon rush hour.  So I remained south, and relaxed all I could.  Nice area, great people, but I was saving myself for next week, when I'll be in the Puget Sound area.  *Smile*

         It's summer out.  Storms are blowing everywhere, water is high due to flooding, so be careful.  I don't want to lose any of you due to errors in where you're at.  Til next time....

© Copyright 2016 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885968-Clayton-County-Georgia