*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896668-EVER-READY-TO-LEARN
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#896668 added November 6, 2016 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
EVER READY TO LEARN
Referring to his early days as a student of medicine, the Master (Swami Sivananda) once said, “I really do not know what it is to do things by halves. I always used to do everything fully and properly. The usual sort of eleventh hour preparation, so common among you youth of the present day, was unknown to me. I was ever ready to sit for an examination in any subject without previous intimation. Even now I feel just like a student about to sit for an examination. This kind of constant vigilance and readiness has become my habitual trait. I know no rest. I am always alert and occupied.

You should all try to look upon life in this manner, as an eternal student. Ever be keenly on the look-out to learn something new each day, even each hour. Be like me - an intellectual scout. You can learn something from everyone. Everything in this universe has some lesson to give to one who is receptive. Do not pass by any experience lightly. Draw instruction and inspiration from every great example in the world.

“Thus, perhaps, a chance word of admonition, lost in the subconscious mind, might come up at some critical juncture in one’s life and save one from disaster or change the course of one’s life. Extract something from everything and treasure it in your mind. Carelessness about minor details is not an expression of dispassion but a Tamasic habit of neglect.

Do it with the same care and minute attention as a jeweller would in setting a diamond to a ring meant for royalty; or as an ophthalmic surgeon would in executing a delicate eye operation. Do everything that you do - eating, cleaning the teeth, reading, writing, and even cleaning a shoe, - with your whole mind and attention. Then concentration will develop most effectively.”

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896668-EVER-READY-TO-LEARN