*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897426-THE-HEART-IS-EVERYTHING
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#897426 added November 14, 2016 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
THE HEART IS EVERYTHING:
‘You can’t long for what you don’t know!’

Friend: One quotation from Ramana Maharshi that totally stays with me is: "The only obstacle to your enlightenment is the belief that you are not enlightened."

Katie: When you look at “What do you get for holding the belief,
'I want to be enlightened' ," you see you get to stay stuck in what you quote Ramana as saying is the problem.

And the inquiry shows that beyond a doubt. What do you get for holding the belief? You're nor enlightened! And who would you be without it? That’s when you go into that space. And you can continue to hold the same concept after the investigation, but without attachment, which is mostly what I experience you do anyway. You can't long for what you don’t know. The concept is what you say it is.

I was just one "graced"—to use that term—with not knowing there was such thing as "awakening". I thought that suicide was the only way out—that it was my opinion.
It's a homesickness. A HOMESICKNESS! The longing for Home.

l used to lie in bed for so many of those seven years and just wail, “I want to go home!” I thought that was suicide but inside of me that's all I knew. It was a purity—
"I want to go Home.”

But I didn't believe in a heaven or a hell. I wanted to go home, so in my innocence and ignorance, I had it right. That’s how I know the longing for oneself is a perfectly natural thing.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897426-THE-HEART-IS-EVERYTHING