*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906335-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#906335 added March 8, 2017 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
JAI MAA JAI MAA JAI MAA
This world is itself but an embodiment of want; hence the heartache due to the absence of fulfilment must needs endure. This is why it is said that there are two kinds of current in human life:
one pertaining to the world in which want follows upon want,
the other of one's true being.
It is the very nature of the former that it can never end in fulfilment; on the contrary, the sense of want is perpetually re-stimulated. On the other hand, the latter aims to bring to completion the activities of man's true being, to establish man in his divine nature. Thus, if he endeavours to fulfil himself by entering the current of his true being, this current will eventually lead him to the perfect poise of his own true being.
An earthen jar that had been given 'Prana Pratistha' by a Mahatma, related the storv of its life.
"At first", it said, "I was part of the earth.
I was happy and at perfect peace. But one day a man came with a spade and dug me out. Oh dear, it hurt terribly.
Then he carried me away and left me in a heap in a corner. Then I thought I would be left in peace. But how badly mistaken I was! Early next morning I found that he had brought a hammer to crush me into fine powder. What dreadful suffering I underwent!
However, having become powder, my hopes rose high. Now I shall surely be left in peace! But no, more pain was in store for me. The next day; I was mixed with water and stamped on. When this ordeal was over I truly expected to have found lasting peace. In vain - is there no end to misery? I was put on a potter's wheel and turned round and round at a maddening speed till I was formed into a jar.
Now I felt quite certain that thereafter I should be left alone. But again I was wrong, for a new kind of torture was to be my lot. Every day I was exposed to the scorching rays of the sun and every night stored away in the house. This went on for some time, only to end in even worse luck. Oh Hari, one fine morning I was put into fire and baked. Feeling sore all over, I comforted myself: What more can they do to me? This no doubt marks the end of my tribulations and henceforth I shall enjoy undisturbed peace.
Far from it! Lo and behold, I was subjected to a new kind of trial.
I was taken to the market and many people came and banged on me to see whether I was without a hole. Finally, someone bought me and took me home. He filled me with Ganges water, placed me on a pedestal and performed 'Prana Pratistha' and this is how I am able to speak now.
When in this manner one has matured and been made perfect, one will be filled with the Ganges of wisdom and awakened to Divine Life.
Then one will be able to speak.
Once when the satsang was over, an old man was taking leave. "It is getting late," he said, "I must be going home." "Late indeed," agreed Anandamayi, "there you are right; but go to your real home, not to the dharmasala pilgrim hostel."
"I am not staying in any dharmasala, I have my own house here," he replied.
She shook her head and smiled: "Do you call that home? You won't be able to stay there for ever. Your days are numbered and when your time is up you will have to leave.
I call it dharmasala.
There are rules and regulations; you may remain for a while but then you have to quit. This body tells you to find your real home from which nobody can drive you out, which is not of this world. Dig deep and unearth your real wealth, find your real home in God, who is your own Self."
When you wash your clothes, you have to apply soap.
It is, of course, true that the clothes will not be clean unless the soap is rinsed off again. But can dirt be removed without soap? The thought of God is the soap that in the end has to be washed away by the purifying waters of the Ganges of Supreme Knowledge.
Don't worry about results.
In business, you give and you get something in return. This is called a bargain, but it is no real gain. If you adopt this sort of mercenary attitude, you will not get anywhere. Never leave off your practice until there is Illumination. You must be adamant in your pursuit. The remembrance of God is like a flame. In whichever direction it is blown, it will burn up whatever lies in its way.
According to your actions you will reap the fruits. No effort is ever wasted. Good works and bad works will yield their harvest in great abundance - for He is extremely generous. Perhaps you will argue: "I want to be a king, but my wish is not granted." You get exactly what is due to you - nothing less and nothing more.
When a pitcher full of water has a hole, however small, all the water will leak away. This is how it is with you: your concentration is never complete, there is a break in it, you do not want anything with your whole being.
Creation, preservation and dissolution are constantly in process and all are within you. Try to fathom the end of yourself, if you can!
You exist, and this is why the universe exists: the whole universe is within you. Past and future, this world and the next - indeed, everything is contained in you. Therefore, in as much as you are free - with the entire universe held within yourself - the fact of your eternal freedom stands revealed and any question of being in bondage no longer arises.
You exist, so the universe exists.
An eternal relationship exists between God and man. But in His Play it is sometimes there and sometimes broken, or rather appears to be broken, but it is not really so, for the relationship is eternal. Again, seen from another side, there is no such thing as relationship. Someone, who came to meet this body, said: "I am a new comer to you". He got the reply: "Ever new and ever old, indeed."
The light of the world comes and goes, it is unstable.
The Light which is eternal can never be extinguished. By that Light you behold the outer light and everything in the universe; only because it always shines within you, can you perceive the outer light. Whatever appears to you in the universe is due only to that great Light within you, and solely because the Supreme Knowledge of the essence of things lies hidden in the depths of your being is it possible for you to acquire knowledge of anything.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906335-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA-JAI-MAA