*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906785-Conscious-Immortality
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#906785 added March 14, 2017 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
Conscious Immortality
Absence of mental operations is solitude. ...
If you find sitting in a chair or walking easiest for you to meditate, these are the right postures for you. Hatha yoga is for beginners. Find the Self and remain in it and you will not be concerned about postures.
Q. Why is it so difficult to practice meditation and to conquer the mind?
A. Because of the past vasanas which prevent us. But we must go on trying (tendencies etc. from former births are called vasanas).
Those who take opium or alcoholic liquor are unconsciously seeking the blissful thoughtlessness of the real Self. They get an intimation of that bliss by drugs but afterwards they must resume their normal state and the craving comes back stronger till they become chronic addicts and slaves. To all such artificial rises there must be a fall back.
If the mind is subdued, everything is conquered. Where is renunciation? It is not outside of us, it is here (pointing to the heart). Where is solitude? In the mind. Alexander Selkirk was alone on an island but he wanted to get away. So that was not solitude for him. We must achieve these things within ourselves. The kingdom of Heaven is to be found within us.
Q. If the efforts at meditation are hindered through past karma what remedy can there be?
A. It is self-stultifying to drown oneself in such fanciful fears. Fate and past karma relate to the external world. Dive boldly within you. These will not hinder you. It is the thinking of hindrances that forms a serious hindrance. We have all to return to our source. Every human being is seeking its source and must one day come to it. We came from the Within; we have gone outward; now we must turn inward. What is meditation? It is our natural self. We have covered ourselves over with thoughts and passions. To throw them off we must concentrate on one thought — the Self.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906785-Conscious-Immortality