*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908623-Lazing-Around-In-Lansing-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#908623 added April 8, 2017 at 6:52am
Restrictions: None
Lazing Around In Lansing.... Again
Date: Week of April 3rd

Locale:  Lansing, Michigan

         This week finds me in Lansing Michigan again.  My customer this week is the Michigan State Police, the course one of our smaller boxes.  There's a bit of a story behind this course that is neither here nor there.  Just know that I wrote it, and am still learning it, since it's a different type of device than others in our systems.  You don't configure it with the same basic steps as you do other devices, so it takes a bit to understand it.  I think that in delivering this class to MSP twice in three weeks, I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with it.  *Smile*


         Once again I drove, but this will be it for a while driving wise.  I drove through pouring rain on both drives, and of course, I had to fight the Chicago traffic both times.  Pouring rain and Chicago traffic does not make for a pleasant time.  I did enjoy my visit, and found a place I'd dine at again if ever in the area.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         http://www.thecreolelansing.com/      This is one of the few restaurants I've dined at the serves Bone Marrow as an appetizer.  I've never had it, only seen it in bones, and just couldn't bring myself to try it.  The couple sitting next to me had it though, and I have to say it looked good!  I chose their 'Blue Crab Fritters', and wasn't disappointed one bit.  The main menu has some interesting items on it, but the one at the bottom really intrigued me.  It was simply titled 'Trust Us', with no description.  Nor will your server tell you what's in it.  This is a special dish that changes almost daily.  I just had to order it!  When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at its contents.  A small layer of crawfish etoufee covered with sauteed Collard Greens, topped with thinly sliced hanger steak.  To the side of the dish were two quarters of a round waffle, with a smear of Peach Jalapeno Jelly.  I loved every bite of this dish, and one of the things I really liked about it, is that it wasn't huge.  It was a good size, the kind you'd serve yourself at home.  It wasn't one of these huge dishes that you can't finish due to its size.



         Til next time, enjoy the spring!  Right now it's April 8th.  I am on the road again, driving (remember what I said about driving?).  This time though, it's personal.  I am driving to Albuquerque to see my brother.  I don't have details or facts, but I know he's terminally ill, with just a few months left.  Since I am booked solid between now and mid-July, this may be my last chance to see him.  All of you my friends, take care of yourselves.  Spring is here, summer is on the way.  My muse is demanding I write a poem.  It's scribbled on a notepad, but needs a bit of editing.  Quite a bit.  Funny how driving in a car alone, no radio on, wakes your muse..... *Smile*

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908623-Lazing-Around-In-Lansing-Again