*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918319-Shri-Krishna-as-Bhagavad-Gita
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#918319 added August 24, 2017 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Shri Krishna as Bhagavad Gita
Chapter 8 - Bhagavan Shri Krishna's stomach

The eighth chapter reveals the nature of Bhagavan in His different aspects – as the world, as jiva, as Universal Purusha and as Atman. Further He says that we attain the state with which, we depart from this world. The goal we reach is determined by our convictions and our faith. It speaks of various actions that lead to the final experience of the Lord. Various paths and their final destinations are mentioned. Some lead directly to God and some take us to different lokas or planes.

The Lord is democratic and kind. He gives us different options. We have the freedom to choose between the path of the good and the path of the pleasant, the dark path or the light path, uttarayan or dakshinayan and so on. Some follow the path of karma yoga. On their death, they go to swargalok and return to earth again, to work out their desires. Some take the path of upasana, and achieve Him via krama mukti. Yet others who constantly remember Him directly attain His abode. Bhagawan promises, “Just by remembering Me constantly, you can attain Me.” Those who leave the body with ‘Om’ in their mind gain the Lord.

This is our stomach. We get what we eat or nourish ourselves with. In other words, we reap the fruit of our actions. The different kinds of food that we eat give us different results. If we eat good food, we get good health. By eating rubbish food we fall ill!

Chapter 8 is the stomach of the Lord. We attain the state that we aspire to. The state of the mind depends on what we feed it. He who, feeds on the nectar of the Lord’s name, gains immortality.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918319-Shri-Krishna-as-Bhagavad-Gita