*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919858-Story-of-Madan-Mohan-Malviya
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#919858 added September 6, 2017 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Story of Madan Mohan Malviya:
Madan Mohan Malviya along with his few friends was working on a mission to start Banaras Hindu University. They started seeking donations for this. One day, even after being stopped by his fellow members, he went to the palace of the Nizam of Hyderabad to fulfill the same mission. Though the Nizam was not a kind person, Malviya met the Nizam and presented the whole situation in front of him. The Nizam on hearing this, dropped his shoes in Malviya’s donation bag. On this, Malviya did not react but just thanked him and left the place.
The next day, Malviya organized an auction of the Nizam’s shoes just in front of his palace. People, in order to impress the Nizam, including his jahagirdars and court members, etc came forward and started bidding. The shoes were finally purchased back by Nizam for Rs 1,000 and donated Rs 1,000 more to help MMM.
When the Nizam dropped his shoes in the donation bag, then Malviya could have reacted in another manner. He could have taken this as an insult or got depressed. But on the other hand, he used those shoes as an opportunity to fulfill his mission. He not only got the money but also pleased the Nizam. He had always worked above his personal feelings and towards one goal. Ultimately, his dream of opening BHU came true. In the course of his lifetime Banaras Hindu University came to be known as a Capital of Knowledge acknowledged across India and the World.

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919858-Story-of-Madan-Mohan-Malviya