*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919914-MENTAL-POVERTY
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#919914 added September 7, 2017 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
MENTAL POVERTY
There are rich and there are poor.There are people who have and others who have not.What about a situation when you have but you sincerely believe you don't. Any amount of money and resources seem less to meet a unknown contingency of an unknown future.so you keep accumulating money as it gives meaning and some kind of solace even though you may not like the job you are doing. After retirement you keep deeply involved in making more money through investments and other financial instruments.This mental poverty makes us into hoarders and stingy. You may give something but that's more to satisfy yourself.......

I am reminded of true story involving Gandhi.There was a time that where ever he went people would come out to contribute to the freedom movement. Women used to come to the railway station wearing gold jewelry hiding it from the family and give it to him. They would take out Thalis considered scared mark of their marriage and so on. On the platform stood a sanyasi who went up to Gandhi and gave him a one Anna coin equivalent to one sixteenth of a rupee. Gandhi looked at it and asked him... What will I do with this coin it's so little...... The sanyasi then told him.... If you don't have any use for it then I will give it someone who may need it. This is all I have. I have given u all....Suddenly Gandhi took a closer look at him and saw the bright eyes of an enlightened .... Gandhi fell at his feet and ... I am so sorry. Please forgive me. This coin is worth more than all the money of this world. I will keep it. Please bless me...... Blessing Gandhi he disappeared

Mental poverty is not real. It is a creation of a greedy and fearful mind. Look at you today. You have almost everything you need when you look at the millions living below one dollar a day. You may not have all that want. In fact you never will.....The Renunciate in the Gandhi story who was Vinobha Bhave knew the real value of money and what giving really means.There are a few people in the world who are like that and understand the value of giving and money Whichever state you are in make giving a habit more as a lesson for yourself that you don't become mentally poor and kill the richness of life around you. Swami Shivananda like other enlightened gurus suggested we give ten to fifteen percent of your earning monthly on giving to needy. I think the poorer we are financially the better off they are on this. Recently last year I was hospitalised in Ramkrishna hospital in Varanas during my pada yatrai to chikangunia and my state was to say the best horrible. Every day in the morning of the eight days over there the poorest of poor would leave change and five and ten rupee notes on my bed when they themselves were suffering to make ends meet to get medicines .. I felt a ashamed and I carry the shame still.......
Mental poverty is s disease that afflicts many of us.. .

© Copyright 2017 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919914-MENTAL-POVERTY