*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920920-The-Big-Apple-Again-Third-Time-Around
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#920920 added October 11, 2017 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Apple Again, Third Time Around
Date: Week of September 25th

Locale:  New York City

         Back again for the second of four classes in New York City.  I'm comfortable with things now, much more so than that first class.  Things have gone decently well, but some people (managers) want more than the class is designed to teach.  Oh well, I can't do it all for them, some things have to be done by those who are meant to provide that kind of support.  One of my favorite phrases is, "I'm just an instructor,"  *Smile*


         I arrived on Sunday, and spent the afternoon strolling around Central Park.  It was very hot out, but there were thousands of people all around the park.  I particularly enjoyed seeing the group at one location roller skating (yes, you heard me right, roller skating) to music.  The thing that struck me most though, was most of them were well into the 40's or older.  Very few young people were out there.  I guess something as ancient and archaic as merely roller skating is not what they're interested in.  Some were using in line skates, some used the older roller skates I grew up with,.  I didn't dare consider joining them, I'd have broken my neck most likely!  However, I still managed to snap a few photo's while there.  Maybe I will add one of the skaters to this group.













Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         Central Park          Central Park is something to be experienced, not just seen.  You can't visit it over a 2-3 hour period and see it all.  I never came close to the zoo, nor the Balto Statue (Please tell me y'all haven't forgotten, or ever known, who Balto was!), nor did I visit the Central Park Carousel.  However, I have two more classes to deliver here in the next five weeks, so will try my best to see more of the park, hopefully when it's a bit cooler.



         I will be in Schaumburg Illinois next week before returning to the Big Apple the following week.  I find it amusing that I've been delivering classes on line for 16 years, and will attend a class next week to certify me as an on-line facilitator.  *Smile*  Til my next entry, y'all take care of yourselves, enjoy the changing seasons.  And most of all, keep writing!



© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920920-The-Big-Apple-Again-Third-Time-Around