*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1384813
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #980111
A sanctuary for weary writers, inky wretches, and aspiring professional novelists.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 12, 2006 at 10:57am
Re: Re: Hello all!
by Al
I think people have give you some great advice and encouragement, Angel. i only want to emphasize that you need to write for yourself. The second thing is something i am finding is true of writing, especially a novel. Your characters, good characters, three dimensional characters, are just as unpredictable as actual people. you can't plan your whole life now, things will happen to throw off your plans, the same holds true for the characters. So i say don't plod along. fearlessly zip along the lives of your characters. they can have plans, (the outline), play what if, you are thereby assailing your character with the unexpected things we all deal with in our lives, and write it out, how they react. then if you find there are ten, fifty, even two hundred pages of crap between one interesting point and the next, well you can always edit it out, (save it for when you are a huge commercial success and your fans demand the unabridged version). Good luck, and you are not alone my friend. I have been slowly irradicating my tendency to overedit as i write, forcing myself into the same fears and roadblocks.
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:13pm
by celestineangel
Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:49pm
by Feywriter
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 8:54pm
by celestineangel
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 9:50pm
by SL Krieg
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:53pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Hello all! · 10-11-06 9:48pm
by SL Krieg
Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 9:42am
by Liam Jackson
*Star* Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 10:57am
by Al
Re: Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:09pm
by celestineangel
Re: Re: Hello all! · 10-12-06 7:05pm
by celestineangel

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Liam Jackson.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1384813