*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1494272
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1213006
A place for adults to discuss writing and write intelligently on any topic, from E and up
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 20, 2007 at 6:40pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: News Coverage
l guess the media's both a necessity and a source of annoyance for all. I'd love to take a more biased stand, but having been on both sides of the fence, I would say that the media does satiate ppl's need to know - I still have friends who have no inkling of the tragedy at VTech because of abstinence from any news coverage whatsoever! - and there is encouragement knowing that people from South Korea, and around the world, do grieve and respond nobly in the face of such misplaced anger and ignorance. If anything, it does help preserve the one thing that will get direct victims through this - a hope that there are thousands more who are moral, sound in their minds and socially responsible people for every one of the people with a chip on their shoulders and a grudge against the world.

No doubt though, that oftentimes it's 7 out of 10 times, news that we don't need to know and which does not affect our lives one bit - like what so-and-so wore etc. - but kudos to those journalists who risk life and limb out there, if only to sound the alarm of going-ons in the world and get us listeners into action. Their sacrifices and bravery at least, will redeem and prevent the media's reputation from completely dusting the ground.

Heart-felt condolences to mourners who have been directly or indirectly affected by the tragedy. It is a great loss; the victims will be remembered for who they were, and not how they left.
MESSAGE THREAD
News Coverage · 04-19-07 9:09pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: News Coverage · 04-19-07 9:25pm
by Marcia Landa
Re: Re: News Coverage · 04-19-07 9:51pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: News Coverage · 04-20-07 3:57pm
by Marcia Landa
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: News Coverage · 04-20-07 6:40pm
by paperarrows
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: News Coverage · 04-22-07 12:24am
by Marcia Landa

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Marcia Landa.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1494272