SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159509
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:30pm
Edited: January 30, 2018 at 1:09pm
So, here's the thing.... this past weekend my husband and I went to Costco; as we normally do on Saturday. We needed a few things and as we were walking down one of the aisles my eyes gravitate toward a set of bowls I've been pondering over since before Christmas. I'm using the term 'set' here very loosely. The only way I see them being an actual set is that they are all bowls, all the same size, and there's 6 of them. That's it. Each bowl is a different color, inside and out, and different patterns - none of which are repeated within the 'set'.

There's just something about these bowls I like. The shape is pretty and they have a nostalgic appeal. Well, now they are on sale. My husband urges me to just get them already, "You've been staring at them for two months." He takes the box from my hands and places it in the cart.

The rest of the time we are shopping, I'm worried about these damn bowls. Thankfully, I made a shopping list; otherwise I would have surely forgotten something. My problem is that they are all different. I need a real set, you know like even numbers of things. On Saturday I washed them, and put them in the cupboard, all the while trying to convince myself that nothing terrible is going to happen because there's only one of each. The other thing they have in common is they have white in them; this will allow them to coordinate with my dinner and salad plates...I'm trying to talk my self into it.

So this afternoon, I have finally decided that I am giving waaaay too much thought to these bowls and have decided to go to Costco and get another box. This way I will have two of each, it makes sense. I have 12 dinner plates, I need 12 bowls and then I'll have two of each color/design.
A logical fix to my dilemma. Yes, then I can stop thinking about these fucking bowls.

ink splat siggy

Now Open!
FORUM
Holiday Short Story Contest - closed  (E)
Write a short story based on a random holiday; prompt provided.
#2142083 by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 12:30pm
by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 12:40pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 12:42pm
by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 4:03pm
by Warped Sanity
Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 4:44pm
by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
Re: Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 5:26pm
by Sally
Re: Re: Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-30-18 5:32pm
by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 01-31-18 6:43am
by QPdoll
Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 02-15-18 6:31am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: My bowl dilemma... · 02-02-18 12:50pm
by WordsPoeticallyWorth
Re: Re: My bowl dilemma... · 02-02-18 12:59pm
by Lilli Munster 🧿 ☕ 🎃
Re: My bowl dilemma... · 02-02-18 7:57pm
by Jayne
Re: My bowl dilemma... · 02-15-18 6:20am
by Whata SpoonStealer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3159509