Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3162979
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 11, 2018 at 2:26pm
Nature versus Nurture
by Andie
After five minutes of research (LOL), and personal knowledge and experience, I believe that there is not really a “versus” debate anymore. The idea that genetics and environment are in conflict is an old-fashioned concept. I am sure that nature and nurture work together forming personality and behavior.

With the onset of genetic research and the use of psychiatric medications, the inherited psychiatric personality product is just as important as the idea that acquired symptoms result from environmental conditions. Examples of conditions affecting personality and physical conditions include individual economic conditions, abusive situations, educational opportunities, among other influences has a nearly equal effect on a person’s personality and physical challenges.

I know for myself, I think that my tendencies towards depression and anxiety are, in general, equally affected by environment and genetics. The number of meds that I consume daily is an indication that my genetics can be altered using anti-depressants and anti-anxiety chemicals. While at the same time, utilizing physical exercise, meditation, study, and mindfulness can also alter brain chemistry and personality.

When I follow through using the genetic modifiers and the environmental factors together increase the likelihood that I will have a good day.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Nature versus Nurture · 02-11-18 2:26pm
by Andie
Re: Nature versus Nurture · 02-14-18 9:42pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Nature versus Nurture · 02-18-18 11:34am
by Warped Sanity
Re: Re: Nature versus Nurture · 02-18-18 12:18pm
by Andie
Re: Re: Re: Nature versus Nurture · 02-18-18 12:24pm
by Warped Sanity

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3162979