SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3163303
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:01pm
My Opinion on Nature Vs. Nurture
I think some mental health problems are a combination of DNA and the environment, but I don't think that that all mental health issues are the result of DNA. I suspect that Maladaptive, at least in my case, is the results of either the trauma of my parents divorce, abuse, or a combination of the two. I don't blame anyone for this issue because as an adult, I have to take responsibility for my own actions, and for finding treatment or a way to manage the MD.

I understand, after reading the article "Maladaptive daydreaming: Symptoms and management" by By Aaron Kandola "Maladeptive Daydreaming Article Review, that daydreaming is a natural part of the working of the brain. I now know that daydream may have something to do with the brain's default mode network which is located in the cortex. This, however, does not mean that MD has anything to do with a problem it that area of my brain. I did not begin experiencing MD episodes until after my parent's divorce. The abuse made it worse. Therefore, I am convinced (until medical science proves me wrong) that it is that my MD episodes are the results of trauma.

At this point in my life, I have decided to view the MD episodes as tests. There are three things I believe about any test or difficulties I encounter. First, God does not test individuals beyond their endurance, so if we fail the tests it was not because we did not have the talent or ability to pass it. Second, if we do fail the test, then we encounter it (perhaps in a different form) until we pass it. Third, each test encountered helps to polish the mirror of our souls, so that we can reflect the attributes of the Almighty.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Opinion on Nature Vs. Nurture · 02-12-18 9:01pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating
Re: My Opinion on Nature Vs. Nurture · 02-13-18 1:17pm
by WordsPoeticallyWorth
Re: My Opinion on Nature Vs. Nurture · 02-14-18 9:52pm
by Charlie ~
Re: My Opinion on Nature Vs. Nurture · 02-18-18 11:21am
by Warped Sanity

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3163303