SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3165518
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 20, 2018 at 6:31pm
My feeling abourt violence and mental Illness
I have never felt neither stigmatized nor discriminated against after a mass shooting. As for preventing people with mental illness from getting guns, I don't think its possible to prevent everyone with a mental illness from purchasing guns. There are two reasons I feel this way. First, it's difficult to keep criminals with prison records from getting guns. Second, the only people who have been diagnosed with mental illness would be prevented from purchasing gun, and there are people with mental illness who haven't been diagnosed.

The only person qualified to comment on perpetrator's mental health is a doctor who specializes in mental illness. The only place a doctor should make a statement on the perpetrator's mental health is in a court of law, and after promising to tell the truth.

Is mental illness to blame for the majority of violence? No, because I suspect hate and anger is to blame. While, I suspect, both of these emotions might be signs of mental illness, they are not proven to be signs of mental illness. Therefore they cannot be used in a court of law as indicating the perpetrator is mentally ill.

Mental illness is not to blame for violence. The biggest cause of violence today is prejudice, hate, and the feeling of helplessness people get change. The world today is moving toward a new planetary civilization and culture. It frightens many people because, subconsciously, they know there is nothing they can do to stop it. Therefore they lash out in an attempt to stop the progress of civilization. One of the ways they chose to lash out is to start shooting or shouting, and neither will stop progress.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My feeling abourt violence and mental Illness · 02-20-18 6:31pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating
Re: My feeling abourt violence and mental Illness · 02-23-18 9:48pm
by Charlie ~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3165518