SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3165611
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 21, 2018 at 12:46am
OT- School rant
Just one class. I'm doing well in all my other classes (knock on wood) but this one class... eugh. It's an online class, too so it's not like there's office hours for me to talk to the professor.

He keeps docking me points because A. My powerpoints "don't have enough detail" or B. I need to "incorporate the readings more". I'm incorporating alot of experience from outside in this class. It's Educational Technology, so I've taken a class on Coursera before, and some classes here on WDC, and I use those in my responses. And one week, we didn't have a reading, but he still docked me points for not integrating the reading into my responses to my classmates! Even though I did mention the reading in one of my responses.

He sets up a Google Slides for specific last name groups, where you give a general introduction of 1. What you learned, 2. How the material was presented, 3. Reflection, 4. How you'd use it in a classroom, and 5. Any question(s) you'd want to ask your classmates.

I'm getting bloody frustrated with this guy because this class should be my thing. I love the internet and technology and gaming and all that, so I don't know why I'm not getting what he wants. And my grade is slipping with every homework he grades because they're only worth, like, 5-10 points apiece so even a 4/5 is an 80% already. And my goal this quarter is to get all As. Right now, I'm at an 86.67%, B+, but he hasn't put in our midterm grade yet. So I'm praying to whatever or whoever is out there that the assignment doesn't also come back as a B or C. *Facepalm*

Like, his most recent comment about not enough detail was:
It would be great if you could flesh out the ideas for the flipped classroom where you would use this website. For example, you could describe the class, the content, and the actions of the students/teachers during, before, or after the video viewing.

Here's what I said (among some other points):
This site could be integrated into a flipped classroom, if the teacher decided to record themselves one year and have their students watch the videos before class, then be ready to discuss and engage with the content in class.
          However, as mentioned before, I think it would be most useful if the professor did this as a screencast. In the class I took on Coursera, the video alternated between slides on a screencast and video footage of himself talking, either with language informants, or by himself.

I mean, I could easily write a paragraph/mini-essay on it, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a powerpoint, does it not? Plus, then I wouldn't have room on the slide for pictures, and then he'd probably dock me points for that. But if I made the font smaller, then, oh no! It's too hard to read, minus a few points. *Pthb*

Not to mention, I haven't gotten 100% on any of the assignments yet. And we're in week 7. *Irritated*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
OT- School rant · 02-21-18 12:46am
by Dragon is hiding
Re: OT- School rant · 02-21-18 5:12pm
by Charlie ~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3165611