SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3167057
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Community · #2146092
A support forum for writers dealing with mental illness
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 25, 2018 at 8:44pm
OT- Jumpstart... again
So I was gone last week for Chinese New Year, which means I missed our team planning meeting. The team leader knew- I told her ahead of time. Unfortunately, during that team planning meeting, I believe they planned a team bonding activity for this upcoming Friday, which I can't make because my Fridays are always full. I have class until 4 and then we meet for research right afterwards because 3/4 of the research assistants (including me) are all in the same 3-4 class, so we all go together. This has been scheduled since week 1, essentially.

So the team leader (TL) brought up the bonding this past week during the planning meeting. I said I couldn't make it because of research. And she asked if I was busy during the whole day- I said I have class. Not a lie. I'm taking, what, 25 units this quarter? I'm gonna be busy. *Pthb*

So she tried to passive-aggressively guilt me. And I didn't even realize it until my friend's friend pointed it out when I was telling him about it. Pretty much, "ohhh, um, if you can't go I understand, but it'd be great if you could, etc etc" *Facepalm*

I swear, I love the kids, but the team.... eugh. *Facepalm* Not to mention, yes, I don't speak much Spanish, but I do know a little bit- the basics, like "hello," and a handful of food-related words. Yet they act like I don't know any. *Rolleyes* I mean, I guess, like 3 of us are Chinese on the team, and we could probably speak Chinese to each other if we wanted to and the Spanish-speakers wouldn't have a clue what we're saying, but at the same time, Chinese isn't widely used in California as Spanish so it'd make sense for them to not know it? Whereas Spanish... I feel like everyone at least knows "Hola" and "Gracias," right? *Think*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Think you can write for teens? Prove it!
Check out "Invalid Item
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
OT- Jumpstart... again · 02-25-18 8:44pm
by Dragon is hiding

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Charlie ~.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3167057