*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3266071
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 22, 2019 at 5:05pm
Re: Re: QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine
by Seuzz
This is a tough one for me to answer, which is why it's taken me so long to post a reply to my own question. I'm not sure I see the point in having six golems. Anyone I wanted to be friends with, I wouldn't turn into golems, and anyone I'd turn into a golem I wouldn't want to hang out with.

I'd start with Gary Chen for the same reasons I gave in the last QotW. He'd give me protection and a chance to pick his pockets of drug profits.

I'd then add David Kirkham. He'd bring more protection, and I wouldn't want him noticing how weird it is for his friend Chen to be acting as a kind of bodyguard to me.

Then I would add Nathan Cruz. He and Kirkham both play in a string quartet at WHS, so it wouldn't be odd to see them hanging out with each other. Nathan as a musician and an AP student wouldn't be an odd one for me to hang out with either, so I wouldn't look too out of place if I was the third in a trio along with Nathan and Kirham; and as Kirkham and Chen are friends, and Chen also plays in the school orchestra, we would make a semi-plausible quartet. In other words, Nathan would provide cover for me to be friendly with Kirkham and Chen, and it would then be plausible for them to adopt a bodyguard's attitude over me.

From there I would expand in order to create group that could reach into and connect with almost anyone in the school while looking interesting and eclectic when grouped together. There are a lot of possibilities, so these three aren't definitive:

* Jamie Bornholm: She's on the swim team with Nathan, so there's a connection to the previous group. Not much has been written about her, but I have the impression she's a bit of a social butterfly.

* Marcos Rivera: On the soccer team with Chen; friends with Marc Garner; tough enough to hold his own with Kirkham and others of that ilk; lots of connections with sports guys and with the friends of his three (!) girlfriends.

* Jelena Petrovic: A tough-skinned musician capable of holding her own with the others in the group, and brings lots of indie cred.
MESSAGE THREAD
QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine · 03-25-19 11:06am
by Seuzz
Re: QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine · 03-25-19 5:05pm
by araki
Re: QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine · 03-26-19 7:18am
by TheSkyMarshall
Re: QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine · 03-29-19 2:49pm
by bori258
*Star* Re: Re: QotW #10: That Old Gang of Mine · 04-22-19 5:05pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3266071