*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3465840
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 19, 2021 at 11:59am
Edited: November 19, 2021 at 12:01pm
Stars That Wander
So for the last little while I've been doing kind of random chapter ideas. Mostly they're just either old prompts or half-completed chapters that I've been sitting on or things written with the hope of inspiring me to keep going. But "Preparations for a Trip Back was the one where I really ran into something I liked. I did two follow ups though unfortunately for people who might want to see a sort of retrograde Kali (even if it's not really her anymore, of course) you'll be a bit disappointed.

Instead, I'll be going down the path of Will becoming Vidya. Why? Well, to be honest, it's because Vidya's basically a blank slate in comparison to Kali. I believe her being brought up as a potential target in "The Novitiates" is the only time she's ever been mentioned. But there was a sort of base storyline I've been wanting to do or see in this general area (Will, working for Fane, replacing a Stellae member) and for a long time I had been stuck on who that should be. My first thought had been Minnie Fierro but when I would think there was just something about it that wasn't working for me.

At one point I was browsing the wiki and then I saw Vidya's ousiarchs and after reading a bit more it was that cliche lightbulb moment. This, I felt, is what would work perfectly for what I wanted to do. As for what that is? Well, the ousiarchs generally have their darker sides. The positive aspects of their general personality traits but also the negative ones. Naturally the Stellae are, we hope, more prone to the positive than the negative. But Will's not a Stellae is he? Vidya is but she's only a novice and still in training. She's also a girl right in the middle of a giant change in the lives of both girls and boys.

So put Will into that situation and you get someone who might greater feel the tug of those negative impulses. Someone who might feel that sense of darkness to a larger extent and find it comforting. Someone who might be getting ideas...

Anyway, I'm not sure how regularly this will update in that you probably shouldn't expect something every day but for the time being this will likely be the storyline I'm focused on.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Stars That Wander · 11-19-21 11:59am
by rugal b.
Re: Stars That Wander · 11-19-21 1:52pm
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3465840