(337)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 27, 2024 at 8:01pm
March 27th
Dear Mr. Hannabaker,

It is with troubled mind that I must write to you today regarding the most unfortunate of experiences I had while shopping in your establishment last Sunday the 3rd. The sign under a framed photo of you near the front entrance of Pearson’s Grocery on School Street challenges, “Ask me anything,” Well, I have but one question for you, sir.

How could you?

How could you sit idly by while criminality and injustice run rampant within the sacred walls of the business you swore to uphold to the highest ethical standards? I was victimized there on the 3rd by one of those thugs you let pass as grocers. An unmannerly, weasel of a man calling himself, Bryson.

Bryson approached me in the produce section while I was shopping for peaches, as is my habit on Sundays. Without tact or grace, he informed me my shopping was “disturbing” the other customers. Of course, I was incredulous. He said I could not just stand there all day, “feeling up” the peaches. He said it was “creeping” people out.

As I’m sure you are aware, to purchase the perfect peach one must test the flesh of the fruit, ensure it is firm, but supple with the softest bit of light fuzz on its delicate skin. I doubt any of the other patrons would begrudge a man exercising his God given right to squeeze a peach. I didn’t do anything wrong and can only conclude this Bryson had a personal grudge against me. The encounter left me embarrassed and offended to my core.

I don’t know how you sleep at night, but I imagine it will be a little harder now, knowing that I will be taking my business to Food N’ Stuff on Asher Avenue.

Sincerely,
M. Tautenbaum

(298 words)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
March 27th · 03-27-24 8:01pm
by FaeThorned

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the twisted raccoon.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3634823