*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3657083
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 6, 2024 at 3:51am
Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney
That’s a really interesting observation about the tendency to twist family bonds. I’ve made little secret of my distaste for the Brown branch, but I hadn’t thought to connect it with the Hollywood branch in that way. You could be on to something there.

I also agree in part that a lot of what she does is at least partially motivated by the trauma of her dad’s murder and Lawhorn taking that place. But I personally don’t think that means that her evil actions don’t make her evil, or that she’s not rotten. She very clearly and remorselessly wants to pursue power, and not only gives little care about who she hurts to do so, she has very explicitly said she wants to make a mess of things in the process. In addition to the fact that she wants to replace at least 8 other people with magical clones to be members of a demon worshipping cult. Cool motive, still evil.

I don’t necessarily think she’s irredeemably evil, but that’s only because even though she has grand ambitions, she hasn’t actually been able to act on them yet. Her soul hasn’t been tainted by those acts yet. But once she starts going down that route, I doubt there will be a turning back point, and I would put the bet on her going down that route ten times out of ten without strong outside influence.

It would take Will growing significantly bigger balls to even attempt to redirect her from that path imo, but I actually do believe if he really tried, he could. The problem is that he’s probably not going to do that given that even before he bonded with Sydney in this route, he was playing mean spirited tricks on Caleb, so I don’t see him having the inclination to do so. I don’t see any of these routes in that section ending happily ever after without something big happening. Which is kinda why I don’t tend to like Sydney centric routes often myself. Great character, interesting read, but I tend to prefer a more positive vibe.

I can’t help but wonder what Sydney is gonna get up to in the future once she can move out from under Lawhorn’s thumb.

I also can’t help but wonder what would happen if and when one of the other groups in other branches ever end up using a mask on her. I would be very interested to see what would happen if somebody like Phillip Fairfax ended up under her mask at some point. Or maybe even more interesting, if somebody like Braden did.

(Also forgive the rambleyness, I can barely keep my eyes open rn lol. Just wanted to get this out before bed.)
MESSAGE THREAD
Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 12:20am
by bori258
Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 1:48am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 2:03am
by rugal b.
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 3:51am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 6:55pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 7:50pm
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 8:30pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-07-24 4:56am
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-07-24 11:57pm
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-07-24 11:59pm
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-08-24 12:14am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-08-24 2:51am
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-08-24 3:17pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-08-24 3:23pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and ... · 06-08-24 3:32pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will ... · 06-08-24 5:03pm
by Zuul
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: W... · 06-08-24 5:25pm
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: R... · 06-08-24 7:44pm
by Seuzz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 7:29pm
by rugal b.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-06-24 11:45pm
by ThePrussian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-07-24 1:55am
by Nostrum
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will and Sydney · 06-07-24 2:40am
by ThePrussian

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3657083