*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470663
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Health · #371316
This forum is for all women who want to discuss Menopause.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2002 at 1:57pm
Re: My favorite books on Menopause.
by A Non-Existent User
 (This message was edited by earthwoman on 10-02-02 @ 2:02 pm EDT)

FYI-

I went to amazon.com to look up prices and this book's author, What you doctor may not tell you about Menopause by John R. Lee, M.D., has a book out with the same title, only replace menopause with premenopause! On amazon they offer 40 pages of excerpts and I was able to read the first chapter. It looks wonderful. I look forward to purchasing it soon.

My biggest fear right now is going to see my gynecologist and her saying, "Here, take this." and handing me a prescrip for hormone replacement. I don't want to do that.

About two years I saw her for a regular check-up and she wanted me to go on the pill indefinitely because I had a cyst on my ovary. She said it would smoooth out my hormone levels. I didn't. I hate taking hormones that are man-made.

A good thing is she is a woman and she is Indian. Born and raise din India so her approach to her practice is more spiritually based. Part of my spiritual life is incorporating some hindu beliefs so...crossing my fingers she'll have beneficial ideas.

I read in one of the book excerpts (you have probably read it) that the reason there's synthetic hormones is because naturally occuring hormones cannot be patented and therefore sold at much higher proces. Makes sense. I see I have a lot of research to do.

My appointment is October 28th. I'll be hitting the books 'til then. I am also going to check into holistic groups in my area.

** Image ID #380980 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Re: My favorite books on Menopause. · 10-02-02 1:57pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: My favorite books on Menopause. · 10-02-02 3:36pm
by catwoman

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, catwoman.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/470663