SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/661034
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #702501
An Exercise for Comedic Stories.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 10, 2003 at 6:56am
Re: Breaking the Iceberg
 (This message was edited by smilingsun on 06-18-03 @ 5:17 pm EDT)

A funny thing happened yesterday on aisle 13...

All plans were excellently done. Satisfied, Jim drove his car to Jane’s home. Today, he made program to go for movie with Jane, his girlfriend. But he wanted to keep her wife unaware of it. So he phoned his wife, and told her that he was busy in the office because of an urgent meeting, so he would come to home late at night. Then Jim took Jane from her home. They reached the theater. There was rush. It was newly released action film, and everyone wanted to watch it. Jim already got their seats booked in sixth aisle.

The film was so interesting and thrilling that some young couples vociferated, “Oooooo!!!” For a moment, Jim turned his head backward to look the excited spectators. In the dim light of the hall, he saw a brunette resembling her wife. Jim blinked his eyes, and then gazed at her. She was probably sixth or seventh aisles away.

It’d be 13th aisle, he thought. ours is sixth one.

He decided to check her. He couldn’t tolerate to see her wife watching movie with another person. He thought for a minute, and then again looked at that woman in the 13th aisle. The scene he saw blew his mind; she was kissing her boyfriend.

He excused himself to Jane, and shambled to the 13th aisle. As he went closer and closer, his anger increased.

Yes, she’s my wife, he thought. How you dare, b****? he mumbled.

He went straight to her through the aisle disturbing the people sitting there, and caught her at her shoulders to drag her out. She panicked and cried with drowning scream. As she stood up dangling in his hands, Jim looked at her face angrily. The next moment, he got confused, as the brunette was not her wife, but had resemblance to her. She cried aloud and all the spectators started looking at them to know what was going on there.

Meanwhile, her boyfriend, who was a sturdy young man, stood up and grasped Jim’s collar and threatened him to leave his girlfriend.

“Sorry, actually I got misconception about your gf;” Jim stammered. “She looks like my wife.”

“What?” the brunette’s boyfriend snarled tightening his grip on his collar. “Are you alone here?”

“No…no, I’m with my girlfriend,” Jim quavered.

“You, liar!!! Where’s she? “ he scowled.

“There!!”

“Where?”

“There… there!!”

“Where?”

“There!!”

“You, idiot, I say where,” He shook Jim by his collar.

“In the sixth aisle,” Jim stammered.

“Then call her or I’ll kill you,” he growled.

The people sitting here and there looked at them, and took pity on Jim.

“Jane… Jane, come here, Jane,” Jim tried to speak aloud, but his voice drowned in throat.

“Okay, I call her,” he growled, then he spoke up with heavy voice. “I’m gonna kill this man. Jane, if you want to save him, come here.”

He repeated his words in heavy loud voice. After some moments, twelve girls came to the 13th aisle.

“I’m Jane,” every girl said to the brunette’s bf. “Now just leave him.”

“Now tell me which one is your Jane,” he snarled.

Extremely confused, Jim couldn’t recognize his Jane. And the brunette’s bf beat him and kicked him out of the aisle. There was a hue and cry among the spectators, for whom this quarrel spoiled their enjoyment of movie. Meanwhile Jane came running to Jim and helped him stand up.”

“Oh, sorry, Jim! I was so busy in the movie and I couldn’t turned back to see you. I can’t imagine you may quarrel,” Jane apologized “Oh, your nose is bleeding; let’s go to the doctor.”

`*`*`*`*`*`*`*

When Jim reached home late at night, after dressing his wounds, his wife was astounded to see him. Jim took her hand in his and said compunctiously to her, “Darling, it’s because of me... I betrayed you and went to cinema with Jane.”

“Jane? Did she beat you?” his wife pretended to be surprised.

“Please, Sarah, forgive me… because I thought you were sitting with some one else in 13th aisle,” Jim said repentfully.

“No. Please Jim, you, forgive me, because I was sitting in second aisle with Harry,” Sarah beg her apology.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Smiling Sun*Star*
** Image ID #663015 Unavailable **
            Holly Jahangiri

Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors!
MESSAGE THREAD
Breaking the Iceberg · 06-08-03 11:36pm
by Holly Jahangiri
*Star* Re: Breaking the Iceberg · 06-10-03 6:56am
by The Sun SmilesOn Small Valley
Re: Breaking the Iceberg · 06-19-03 9:41am
by Floss

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Sun SmilesOn Small Valley.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/661034