*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Overview
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1242154-Four-Fates-One-Quest/cid/401998-Overview
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1242154
A mist of death has arisen and heroes are needed!
Chapter #1

Overview

    by: Khulkharad
A strange and deadly mist is rising in the land of Es-Agmuria.

It started around the borderlands of the great empire of Ontavir when, in 429 AP (After the age of the Protectorate), a grey cloud arose and totally enveloped the frontier town of Nemyl's Luck. No one ever heard from that town again. Three more towns fell to the strange mist in just under a month.

The army sent a few divisions in to investigate but of the thousand troops committed, only forty returned alive, but barely. They escaped with gruesome physical and mental injuries. Only the highest level of healing magic was able to restore some of them.

The mist moved closer to the capital and several key cities were devastated. Among the ruins, anarchy ran rife over what little provisions there were to be had. The raids of barbarian tribes became much easier and more frequent. The neighboring states of Throvalkhad, Maduria and Quelthasandra had initially looked eager to exploit Ontavir's weakness and invade when they were themselves attacked by the mist. This, time, undead creatures wreaked havoc amongst the defenders and they attacked even in broad daylight as long as the mist stayed over them.

In 444 AP, the Forty-Second Council of High Mages convened and wove an epic spell that kept the dark mist at bay. But even twenty years after the mist's appearance, the foulness and the fiends that it had left behind still caused trouble for the land of Es-Agmuria.

Fifty years after the Mist, thirty-five years after the raising of the White Wall, the mist struck again, but this time, at the very heart of the land. It stated slowly, small pockets of greyness suddenly appearing in the midst of sprawling cities. The High Mages’ Council swiftly dealt with these but after a while, the power of the mist outmatched theirs and the incursions increased in size and strength.
Huge swaths of the cities would suddenly be devoured by a thick grey mass and it is rumored that not even the souls of the dying would escape its grasp...

In the mountains of Maduria is Yondrith's Keep, a citadel that has, to date, withstood the assaults of the Mist. This is the setting of the story.

You have the following choice:

*Noteb*
1. Continue

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Khulkharad (UN: renaissance821 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khulkharad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1242154-Four-Fates-One-Quest/cid/401998-Overview