*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1343151-The-Ravens-Summit/cid/1227902-These-really-arent-choices-just-more-guid
by Zelda
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1343151
Kyron is a mercenary; he is betrayed & found by a middleclass family & learns the truth
This choice: These really aren't choices, just more guidlines: no lang., drugs, sex, etc.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

These really aren't choices, just more guid...

    by: GiGi
Eldrin....The very memory caused an ache clear to his bones. Kyron lay in his bed throughout the night, unsure of what he should do or say. Memories of that night never left him; his mind as scarred as his body. He thought all he loved had perished. To learn that they hadn't filled him with a mixture of hope and fear, Kyron never entertained the thought of ever having a family or believing anyone survived. My sister, how I have cried for you, he thought miserably. A long, torturous night gave way to an uncertain morning. Kyron arose, cleansed and dressed himself slowly. Walking out of his bedroom, he was met by an anxious Cyril.

"My child came to me in the night and told me of your conversation. Are you Eldrin? Are you he?"

Kyron nodded slowly.

"I never forgot who I was. I believed my family had perished that awful night. Someone, she, lived. I should not tell her. It may not be safe for any of you if the truth be revealed to her."

Cyril, a tall, imposing figure with very kind eyes, bristled. "No one will dare oppose me on my lands! If you are my wife's kin, you will be welcomed as family. If trouble comes to this door, they will be made to regret such a rash decision. Go, she is waiting to speak with you."

Kyron walked slowly into the room where Shettai stood preparing the morning meal. She stopped, sensing his presence. He wanted to leave when he saw her shudder. Dropping the knife she held, Shettai turned and threw her arms around him, weeping.

"When I saw you, I knew in my heart that my brother lived! May praises be sent into the heavens, my dear Eldrin lives!"

Soon, he wept with her. He wasn't alone anymore. Again, he found himself surrounded by a family. Darkness fled his being and was slowly being restored to live and light once more. Feeling Cyril's beefy hand on his shoulder, Kyron felt his fear live him, also. He would live to see--and fight, another day.

You have the following choice:

*Noteb*
1. What will Kyron do now that he realizes he still had a family waiting for him?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 GiGi (UN: gigigirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zelda has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1343151-The-Ravens-Summit/cid/1227902-These-really-arent-choices-just-more-guid