*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1789823-Dangerous-Neighbors
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1454465
Choose to be the Faeries or the Predators or even be a simple observer.
This choice: Hostile Races  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Dangerous Neighbors

    by: Michael Jackson
The portly Pothinek are denizens of the deep forest, and bitter rivals of the Sprites. They are the largest of the small races of the regions. Slightly larger than the Trow in height, but far more muscular and rotund. They are similar to miniature brown Ogre's in appearance, and have a somewhat similar level of intellect. Their skin is stone hard and difficult to pierce, making their small eyes a favored weak spot. Dim witted and ever hungry, they consume just about any living thing in sight that's small enough to be their prey.

Pothinek tend to live in small familial groups or in pairs. Though a solitary Pothinek is far from unheard of. Typically the they find a suitable cave or burrow to call home and claim the swathe of territory around it as their own. A communal cook pot ever boiling for whatever prey they might wish to cook. Their aggressive defense of their territory as well as their constant expansion led to clashes with the sprites. Which developed into a deep mutual loathing between the races. Thanks to this, Pothinek take a particular glee in capturing Sprites when at all possible.

There is one last thing they pride themselves on though. The Pothinek will honor any promise they make, no matter the commitment. And they always pay their debts.




Grekka are the most feral of the sentient races, and the smallest, standing at half the height of a Faerie. They tend to live in small tribal groups that constantly at bitter war with each other. Their region is the marshes, though they do occasionally branch out. Small in stature and very excitable, they work together to hunt their favorite prey, Mermaids, through the use of nets. They're more than eager to eat Faerie or Sprites, but they're less common.

Once captured, prey is typically descended upon in a sexual frenzy. The Grekka taking turns until each is satisfied before their dinner is spit roasted, boiled, or eaten then and there by the hungry pack. Incredibly ugly, the Grekka look like small exceedingly hairy lizardmen. With bulbous eyes, toothy snouts, and razor clawed hands.

The Grekka can be intelligent enough, but they quickly give in to their baser instincts and group mentality. Even the Trow and Pothinek find dealings with them to be difficult, and tend to leave them to their own infighting. The Grekka are also fond of dangerous games, often forcing their captives to engage in them for their entertainment. Though it's not rare for Grekka to force their own into them if no other participants are available.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Pothinek

*Noteb*
2. Grekka

3. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Michael Jackson (UN: gooba11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Jackson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1454465-Faeries-Or-Food/cid/1789823-Dangerous-Neighbors