*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1476971-Head-Swapper/cid/1763663-We-gotta-get-ready-for-the-game
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1476971
Head Swapping Fun.
This choice: "We gotta get ready for the game."  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

"We gotta get ready for the game."

    by: Unknown
"Huh?" You responded.

"We have a big game to get ready for, duh. How could you forget?" Mark asked.

You opened your mouth twice, trying to come up with the words to answer. Nothing came to you though, until a memory flashed in your head. "Oh yeah, the game against our rivals, the Bridge City High School's Trolls. We'll totally cream them tonight." The words flew out of your mouth easily. Wait..., you thought, How did I know that... I've never even been to any of our football games. I hate football!

Mark smiled at your response though. "Now you're talking!" Mark then bent the knee of one of your shared legs, and then pushed up with one of your hands. The push rolled the two of you over onto your stomach. It was then that you realized that you couldn't feel the side that Mark's head was on. The left side of your body was there of course but completely out of your control. "Steven, are you going to help me, or sleep there all night?" Mark's tone wasn't angry, but there was a hint of annoyance.

"Uh yeah... I" You froze. How are we going to move, let alone play a game? We're like half a person each! you thought. As if to answer your question though, several new memories flashed in your head. Images of you and Mark walking through campus, running on the track, doing push-ups, football drills.... "Hey, I was just trying to get every second of rest before having to get ready." you quickly responded.

This time you cooperated with Mark in standing your body up on your two feet. It suddenly felt as if the two of you had always moved as a single unit. You tried your best to hide the panic that was building inside, but Mark noticed your failed attempt. "You nervous? Thats not like you. You're always the one who calms me down before a game."

No, you thought, I'm not nervous about some stupid game. I'm freaking out about suddenly sharing a body with you... and that all of these memories that aren't mine keep popping up. What is going on? Despite the thoughts running in your head, you faked a smile. "No, those are still your nerves, dude." You gave an uneasy laugh.

Mark seemed to buy your answer. "Yeah I guess so... Enough talk. Time to change."

At the far end of the court, you and Mark could see some of your high school's football players moving into the locker room. Mark took a step forward. Following your instinct and the memories of walking, you shifted your weight onto Mark's foot and place your foot forward. It was kind of awkward at first, but after three steps, you were walking with Mark like a normal person could walk.

Inside your head though, you were panicking. You believed whole-heartily, now, that you had the power to swap heads, whatever that meant exactly. But, why was Mark still on his body if you supposedly switched places with him. And, where was your body? Was it still alive? Did it even exist? Could you even undo whatever mess up happened to make you and Mark share a body? Should you tell Mark? Did he already know? And, where were all of these new memories coming from? I need answers! You screamed in your head. Of course, no answer presented itself.

You and Mark continued into the locker room in silence. Inside, people smiled at both of you. Some padded your shoulders. Confused, you just smiled back. Mark fist bumped some of the team members as he led the way towards your locker. It was slightly bigger than the rest and it was labeled: Team Captains Mark and Steven.

Mark turned the lock, and opened your shared locker. You only had a chance to glance inside before you felt your shirt being lifted up. Mark was trying to take it off with his one hand; you quickly helped remove it over your heads. He threw it into the locker, and reached in to grab something. You leaned forward with him, but took the opportunity to examine the torso you shared. It was kind of shocking. Your body was heavily muscled, but not what you were expecting.

You, thankfully, had never seen Mark naked before. You always avoided changing in the locker room after P.E. But, the body your head was grafted onto didn't look like what you had expected. Despite the muscle, it somewhat resembled your body... No Way! you exclaimed in your head. You quickly twisted your torso to the right. Ignoring a complaint from Mark, you stretched your neck to look over your right shoulder at your back. There, to the right of the small of your back was a small birth mark. Exactly the same as the one on your body. Well, that answers a couple questions. My body is still here... kind of. Our bodies are all mashed together or something. What was I dreaming about that could cause this.

You were lost in your thoughts until an impatient grunt from Mark brought you back to reality. "Had an itch on my back." you quickly lie. Mark just rolled his eyes. You and him continued putting your gear on. Some relief flowed through you, now that you knew that your body wasn't destroyed or something. But, you still didn't understand how this happened. You decided to ignore your questions... For now, you had to worry about working with Mark to win the game. This is going to be interesting.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. The Big Game against the Trolls

2. reader's choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
dayaman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1476971-Head-Swapper/cid/1763663-We-gotta-get-ready-for-the-game