*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Let it go.
  2. Take Eva's place.
  3. Target: Eva Garner
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/997951-Let-it-go
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1510047
A mysterious book allows you to disguise yourself as anyone.
This choice: Let it go.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #16

Let it go.

    by: rugal b.
You eventually decide against stealing her identity. Whereas Eva is just very emotional, Chelsea is a master manipulator, able to have people eating out of the palm of her hand and believing whatever bullshit she feeds them. If you stole her identity and money, there's no doubt she'd be able to cook up something that would give her maximum sympathy. Hell, she could probably set up a "Donate To Chelsea Cooper" fund and get half of the school to hand over their money. There's always kicking her ass, something you could do very easily with Eva's body and memories, but again, she'd get the sympathy and you--no, Eva--would be the bad guy.

No, you realize. If you want to do something about Queen Chelsea, you're going to have to come up with another way. Something that would absolutely ruin her and perhaps teach her some humility. But mostly ruin her. It's a thought that you find exciting and for a moment you stop and wonder why. Chelsea was a bitch sure, even to you the few times you crossed paths, but you're not sure why the thought of messing with her is so enjoyable. Well whatever, she deserves it you think as you head off to practice.

* * * * *


Cheerleading practice more or less goes off without a hitch. Although of course Chelsea has to make continuous, thinly veiled references towards Eva and her situation. Constant little jabs like singling you out for what she thought was a poor performance (and emphasizing the word "poor"); stuff that her giggling friends like Gloria, Kendra and Maria laughed along with. You just grinned through it though as spending time with the cheerleaders made you realize just how fragile and precarious Chelsea's little perch above everything really was.

Kendra was scheming, a snake who went along with Chelsea but was waiting for her to slip up. She felt that she should be the queen bee of the school, not Chelsea, and when the time came she'd take her rightful place at the top. But for now she was content to play the role of Chelsea's lackey. Chelsea herself knew this but it was like a chess game with these two, one waiting for the other to make a wrong move so they could crush them.

Gloria was simply a follower; she was basically a female Jeremy in that she used to be quite geeky and hang out with you and Caleb. In fact, her and Jeremy even went out briefly in middle school. And like Jeremy, she eventually changed her image, becoming good looking and popular in the process while abandoning her old friends.

Maria, on the other hand, was one huge act. She was gorgeous, the most stunning girl in the school (it had even been informally voted on and everything) but also had a reputation for being the world's biggest airhead and perhaps a bit promiscuous. They were lies, however, born from insecurity. She had confided in Eva once that she wasn't as dumb as she let on. In fact her report card indicated that she did pretty well which was a surprise given that most of her classes were AP classes (most students believed her dad, a school board member, had been pulling strings for her). Even the sex stuff was a lie as she had, in fact, never had sex.

Eva had soon deduced that Chelsea, knowing these and feeling Maria could be a threat to her position, manipulated her, making her believe that people would be too "intimidated" by a girl who was both smart and beautiful. She preyed upon the girl's insecurities to keep her spot.

If her kingdom is that close to coming down, you think, maybe you should start sacking Rome. With a mask of the right person, you could put this plan into motion. The problem was choosing the right person for the job. Gloria wouldn't work and Kendra... she would be as bad as Chelsea. Maria, however... she was a fundamentally nice girl, you realize, just easily manipulated. Take her place, however, and you could maneuver her out from under Chelsea's thumb and make her known for being more than a "brainless slut."

But what about the other cheerleaders? The rest of them weren't so bad. Yumi, you know, could easily be more popular than Chelsea if she tried to be; she was cute and her overall nice, friendly nature gave her many secret admirers. She hung out with the likes of James Lamont, Carson Ioeger and Jenny Ashton as well, people who generally weren't that much more popular than yourself.

Going through the day, you continued going over possibilities of who you could use for your plan. Near the end of the day, however, a wrench was thrown in when you were confronted by Kim Walsh, student council president and most likely valedictorian. She was a little bit on the nerdy side but in a way that was attractive. Breasts that were a bit on the small side but lustorous, long red hair and hip glasses. Her legs were, today anyway, hidden by a knee length skirt and her dark blue blouse was covered by a short denim jacket. Apparently "smart" extended to her dress style as well.

"Eva, hello!" she comes up to you with a wave. "It's good to finally see you back, everyone's missed you!"

You glare at her, "Everyone? Funny because I've heard the opposite Kim. I've already had to deal with Chelsea's crap."

Her face scrunches up a bit, it's actually kind of cute you think. "Hmm, well I'm glad to see you back." she finally says, "What you're going through is awful and... ugh, look at me bringing it up. I know you don't really want to talk about it or anything although if you do..." she trails off a bit, leaving that thought hanging.

"Look Kim, I appreciate the kind words. Really." you say, not falling for her opening, "But right now, I don't want to be bothered about that. At all. And you're a nice, pretty girl." you add, "So I'd really hate to see what would happen to you if you decided to push it, you know?"

Kim is taken aback, shock present on her face, but she gets the idea and backs off. "Right right yeah. I get it." she says disappointed, "But I mean, if you ever want to talk I'm here."

As she leaves you get to thinking. Kim is a girl that holds a position of influence. She's also attractive in her way and her kindness, whether genuine or shrewd, has given her a level of charisma that few students can match. Using her, it would probably be easy to turn people against Chelsea. As the final bell rings an hour later, you head to the clubhouse.

* * * * *


"So what do you think?" you ask, you and Caleb laying on the floor. You're both naked and your arm is draped over his chest. Eva's feelings and hormones got the better of you and, after telling him to put on the Jeremy mask, the two of you got to work on relieving those feelings. "We just need to figure out which one is better and how to get them out of the way for a bit."

"I don't know." he replies while wiping off some sweat, "I mean you already threw your mask on the golem and set him to work making a new mask. So that should hopefully be done tomorrow. As for the other stuff, well..."

You notice a weird tone in his voice as you go to put your clothes back on. "You know something? That was a little suspicious the way you said that." you say.

He also goes to throw his clothes back on. "Yeah, actually I looked at the book before you got here."

"Yeah, because you decided to ditch." you shoot at him.

Caleb just rolls his eyes and continues. "Anyway, the next spell requires a mask with an image, a spoonful of graveyard dirt and fuel. You light it like with the golems and, I guess, whoever you slap it on becomes a golem. You can order them around and shit, you know?"

"Ugh! More golems? I don't want to get rid of anyone PERMANENTLY." you protest.

"Well that's the thing;" he explains, "The mask is removable. So make a slave mask, throw it on whoever, take their place for a bit, then put them back. The question is what mask to use."

"The one you're wearing right now." you say without hesitation. "I don't want anyone else wearing mine."

"What?! What about the Eva mask?" Caleb asks.

You shake your head. "No way. I need this to get close to Maria or Kim. I'm not going to waste it."

"But I like this mask..." Caleb whines, although looking at you he realizes it's pointless arguing. "Alright fine, geez. Okay so if you're gonna pull this off who's it gonna be?"

"I dunno." you shrug, "Maria is, sort of, Chelsea's best friend and her deposing Chelsea would be the most satisfying. Yumi would be a good backup or second to bring in just in case you want to get involved." You start to smirk, "Kim though... she's a natural leader. Her brain, her looks, her power... I'd have the easiest time crushing Chelsea from her."

You're so caught up in your revenge fantasies, and you suspect that's due to the strong emotions associated with Eva, that you don't notice Caleb is taken a little aback by how callous you seem. You don't care though. Two great candidates to get you to your ultimate goal... this should be satisfying.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Make a Maria mask

2. Make a Kim mask

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rugal b. (UN: rugal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1510047-The-Book-of-Masks/cid/997951-Let-it-go