*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Give everyone multiple body parts
  2. A new package
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/1836370-Give-everyone-multiple-body-parts
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572936
A new take on warping reality, written in third person.
This choice: Give everyone multiple body parts  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Give everyone multiple body parts

    by: PlayerOne
Upon awaking, Amanda examined the large array of buttons available on the supposed "Reality Warping" device. While she didn't normally believe in this sort of thing, there was something about this device that gave her a sense of power. She could see that there were buttons for a variety of different effects. Clicking on one, she was suddenly face-to-face with a huge drop down list of things that could be affected, people who could be affected, extra options such as wether they recognize the changes or not, wether or not everyone was affected, whether it affect animals or not. The list went on and on.

She closed the menu without pressing anything. 'Okay,' she thought, 'there has to be an easier way then scrolling through all of the possible options.' She reached over to the letter and found an additional insert that explained the basics of using the device.

If you are reading this, you're probably wondering how this device works. It's easy! Simply press an effect, the corresponding additional effects, and who you wish to affect, and everyone on the list will gain those effects. If this is too complicated, you can always turn on simplicity mode in the main menu, which will narrow down the additional options and only ask to change people that you know. Alternatively, you can enter command mode on the main menu to simply write in what you explicitly wish to happen and to whom, and the proper effect will be applied. As an additional alternative, you can mount the device to any available surface in your home, and the effects will only change reality around the house, and leaving said building will remove any effects in place on the building.

Excited to test out the device, Amanda placed the device onto the nearest wall. She freaked out a little when the device slipped through her hand, as it appeared to turn into liquid, but then it reformed on her wall, looking as if it had been planted in there when they had built the place.

Amanda took this opportunity now to look fully over the list of options available to her through this device. There was an option for almost everything imaginable, including a randomized setting (which she knew she would have to try out later). On the first few pages alone, she found buttons to swap body parts, add body parts, remove body parts, morph body parts, change history, change personalities, change time, rewrite the laws of physics, grant superpowers, mangle with family trees, create new life, explode the universe and start anew, travel to dimensions unknown. You name it, it was on this device.

'With this device, I could do literally anything I want!' Amanda thought, new ideas forming in her head on what she could do. 'But first, I should probably actually choose something to change before assuming this device has this much power.'

She wondered what on the menu would be normal enough that it may have gone unnoticed if this actually did all the stuff it said it did. Scrolling through the variety of options, she eventually decided upon adding an additional body part. She scrolled through the options, choosing the smallest noticeable change she could think of, which happened to be adding an extra eye. Upon choosing the specifics, the menu changed to an anatomical design of her body (Which disturbed her, as she had no naked pictures of herself, and this was perfectly correct down to the strange mole she had on her back) and allowed her to pick where on her body she would like to place the eye. Remembering the old Grimm story One-eye, Two-eyes, and Three-eyes (A very interesting tale of a normal, two-eyed middle child proving her superiority over her exotic, one-eyed older sister and younger three-eyed sister) decided to change everyone into triclopses.

Almost immediately Amanda could tell something was up, as her vision was now a bit cross-eyed between her regular set and her extra eye. Thankfully, she had the forethought to attempt this experiment in front of a mirror, and quickly recognized her third eye on her forehead. It looked exactly like her other eyes, but had no tear ducts on either side. She wasn't sure if this was how it regularly was for triclopses, or happened just because she didn't specify enough.

After messing around with her eyes, seeing how looking different ways affected how she saw and how to close each eye independently of the other, she finally felt like she had enough control to examine what else changed in her world. She assumed that Rachel and David would be up, and that if the instruction leaflet was correct, they would believe this was completely normal. Walking into the living room, she saw Rachel sitting on the couch in her nightgown reading a newspaper with her two eyes while she watched morning cartoons with her third one. David was on his laptop, and swiveled his third eye to look at you and say "Good morning sleepyhead."

"Good morning to you too." Amanda said, as she began to pace around the room looking for other changes that might have been caused. She began flipping through the variety of dvd cases that David had lying around the room. Most of the dvd cases that showed people now featured a very prominent third eye, and she found that those that featured cyclopses regularly now featured two-eyed creatures. "So ... notice anything different today?" Amanda asked coyly.

"Not particularly," David said, still looking at his laptop with his regular set of eyes and only looking at you with his third one.
"Are you wearing that new nightshirt we got last week?" Rachel said, focusing her third eye on you, trying to figure out what you meant by something different.
"Oh, nothing," Amanda said glancing out the window, and noticing a jogger standing near the crosswalk with three-eyed sunglasses and a three-eyed dog. Amanda began to freak out, because the device was only supposed to affect those inside of the house. "I'm going to go get the mail," she said, rushing out the door. Rachel and David shared a weird look with their third eyes, but then eventually went back to what they were doing.

Standing outside in nothing but her nightshirt and panties, Amanda attempted to run up to the jogger to ask him if he had noticed the changes, but became dizzy after stepping out onto the deck. She closed her eyes to regain her composure, and suddenly noticed she only had two eyes again. She looked at the jogger, and realized him and his dog were back to normal as well. Looking into the window of her house, she saw Rachel watching cartoons with a newspaper in her lap, and David on his laptop (a.k.a. Their normal Saturday routine) both with only two eyes. She stepped back inside, and was again greeted by the same discomfort in her stomach. Closing her eyes (this time three of them again) she reopened them, and saw that everyone she had seen with two eyes had three eyes once again. 'Whoa,' she thought to herself, 'that device really is magic.'

She rushed back to her room, eager to try more changes once again. She began debating on what to do, and ultimately decided to ...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 PlayerOne (UN: playerone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tolchok has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572936-Warping-Reality/cid/1836370-Give-everyone-multiple-body-parts