*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/714457-An-Old-Acquaintance
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572947
A mysterious costume store that offers a whole new life.
This choice: An old acquaintance  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

An Old Acquaintance

    by: Yote
What had at first appeared to be a look of awe quickly became one of shock and mild-disgust as the figure approached the desk. He was tall and wiry beneath a velvet gown, and sported an expertly-styled, twisted goatee.

Babbingtree leaped off his stool in recognition.

"My word! Prendergast, my old friend, I haven't seen you since our University days. How are you? What have you been up to?"

Prendergast's face, which had been busy sneering at a display of fake noses, broke into a smile that didn't look like it got used much. The two old wizards shook hands. "I'm well, B-tree, I'm very well. And I work for the Government now," he said, somewhat pointedly.

"Ah," Babbingtree said, his face falling. "So this isn't a social visit..."

"Afraid not," the other wizard said, summoning up a chair from thin air on which to sit. "You see..."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. "I'm here to shut you down."

2. "I'm here to request your assistance."

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/714457-An-Old-Acquaintance